Assault victim too drunk for details | Federal Way crime blotter
May 17, 2012 · 11:37 AM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Friend tries to help drunken friend after assault: At 1:30 a.m. May 13 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, a friend of the victim's called police to inform them the victim had been assaulted. According to the report, when police attempted to question the victim about the assault, the victim was too intoxicated to provide any useful information. The friend said they'd have the victim call in the morning if the victim could remember any more details after the booze wore off.
• The shower is the first place they look: At 8:41 a.m. May 13 in the 28000 block of 28th Place South, police arrived at a residence to serve a warrant. A member of the household let police in, and police discovered their suspect hiding in the shower trying to avoid detection. The suspect was taken into custody without incident, according to the report.
• Grab and run: At 12:09 p.m. May 13 in the 1400 block of South 348th Street, a woman was transferring her belongings from her vehicle to a friend's vehicle. According to the report, an unknown male ran up and grabbed the victim's laptop out of her friend's vehicle. The unknown suspect then fled on foot down 348th, according to the report.
• Stupid 101: At 1:08 p.m. May 13 in the 1800 block of South 320th Street, a woman attempted to skip out on paying a bill at a restaurant. According to the police report, after police ran a check on her, she came up with an active warrant. She was arrested and booked into the SCORE jail.
• Drunk driver gets extremely lucky: At 2:20 a.m. May 12 in the 3000 block of SW Dash Point Road, police came upon a vehicle on its side. Upon checking the vehicle, there was no occupant. Police conducted a search of the area, and found the driver nearby in some bushes. The driver admitted to the accident, and admitted to driving under the influence. He was cited for DUI.
• Attempted pharmacy break-in: At 9 a.m. May 12 in the 28000 block of Military Road South, a manager of a pharmacy contacted police to report that two of their three drive-through windows had been broken. According to the report, it appeared three softball-sized rocks had been used to smash the windows.
• Foil-lined purses: At 10:15 a.m. May 12 in the 2200 block of South Commons, loss prevention officers at Target apprehended a woman attempting to steal approximately $1,000 worth of merchandise. According to the report, the woman had attempted to steal the merchandise by concealing it in her shopping cart and her foil-lined purse.
• Good Samaritan returns ID, credit cards: At 8:15 p.m. May 12 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, police were on scene for an unrelated call when they were approached by a citizen who handed over a woman's ID and a number of credit cards and other sensitive items. According to the report, police contacted the woman, who said she was unaware her ID and other items had gone missing.
• Brothers fight, mom gets hurt: At 8:50 p.m. May 12 in the 28000 block of 20th Place South, police responded to a call of a domestic assault. According to the report, two brothers had gotten into a fight, and their mom had tried to break it up. In the ensuing scuffle, one of the brothers threw a punch and hit the mother instead of the brother.
• Sexual abuse of a child: At 10:51 p.m. May 12 at an undisclosed location, a mother called to report that she believed her son may have been sexually assaulted. According to the report, a toy had been purposefully forced into the child's rectum.