- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Rock busts wrong woman's windshield | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Woman gets rock through windshield: At 8:55 a.m. March 22 in the 2900 block of SW 333rd Street, a woman reported that someone had thrown a rock through her car's windshield. According to the report, a message was attached to the rock, which read "Don't mess with my man, bitch." The woman was uncertain of why this happened because she is currently single and not dating anyone.
• Burglar steals rifle and painkillers: At 4:27 p.m. March 21 in the 2600 block of South 302nd Street, a man reported his home had been burglarized. The man had been away for a number of days and entry was made through an unsecured window. According to the report, the unknown suspect took a saw, a rifle, a watch, a prescription of hydrocodone and $15 worth of coins.
• Vehicle left on Sacajawea baseball field: At 1:51 a.m. March 24 in the 1100 block of South Dash Point Road, an unknown suspect drove a vehicle onto the baseball field at Sacajawea Middle School. The vehicle got stuck in the mud on the field, and was abandoned. According to the report, the police contacted the registered owner, who retrieved the vehicle.
• Estranged husband allegedly throws dog poo: At 9:11 a.m. March 24 in the 34000 block of 27th Avenue SW, a woman and her estranged husband got into an argument. According to the report, the woman believes her estranged husband threw a bag of dog feces at her car windshield as he left, although she could not substantiate the claim. Police contacted the husband, who denied the accusation.
• Dad tells stories about mom to kids: At 5:34 p.m. March 24 in the 4700 block of SW 325th Place, a woman called to report her estranged husband had been telling their children that she is possessed by the devil and has demons inside of her.
• Man finds backpack in backyard: At 5:26 p.m. March 24 in the 3000 block of South 288th Street, a man called to report finding a backpack in his backyard. According to the report, the backpack had seven cellphones inside of it, along with a keyring. The owners of the cellphones were unable to be located or contacted.
• Burglar scores jewelry, cash: At 10:48 a.m. March 24 in the 2400 block of South 315th Lane, the victim reported their apartment had been burglarized and that $4,000 in jewelry and $1,400 in cash was stolen. According to the report, entry was made by throwing a rock through the glass sliding door.
• 3-year-old wanders off: At 6:32 p.m. March 25 in the 1200 block of SW 354th Place, a man reported he had found a 3-year-old child wandering around unattended. The man took the child back to his residence and called police. At almost the same time, the child's mother called police to report her child missing. She was directed to the man and was reunited with her child. According to the report, the police didn't believe the mother was guilty of any wrongdoing or neglect.
• Mother and son get in violent argument: At 7:58 p.m. March 25 in the 2400 block of South 315th Lane, police responded to a domestic violence call. According to the report, a mother and her son got into an argument. The mother attempted to call 911, at which time the son beat her physically. Along with this, the son held a knife to his own throat in an effort to keep her from contacting police. The son was arrested. The report notes this entire argument took place in the presence of children.
• Man doesn't replace his key, pays the price: At 10:52 p.m. March 25 in the 300 block of South 320th Street, a man called to report his apartment had been burglarized and his Xbox 360 and Kinect system had been stolen. According to the report, the man had lost his key some time ago and had yet to replace it. Because of this, he had been leaving his front door unlocked.