Abusive girlfriend knocks man's tooth loose | Federal Way crime blotter
March 19, 2012 · Updated 1:01 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Man reports abuse by girlfriend: At 1:20 a.m. March 16 in the 1700 block of South 281st Place, a man called police to report that his girlfriend of 10 years had physically abused him. According to the report, the woman hit him with an open hand, causing scratches and knocking one of his teeth loose. The woman was arrested and booked.
• Fraudulent check: At noon March 16 in the 1400 block of South 320th Street, a man attempted to cash a fraudulent check. According to the report, the man said the check was slid under the door of his residence, and he believed it was advance payment for upcoming work he had scheduled.
• iPhone thief answers call from former owner: At 6:49 p.m. March 16 in the 35000 block of Enchanted Parkway South, a man called to report his iPhone 4s had been stolen. According to the report, the man had it in his pocket and lost it sometime during his workout. An unknown suspect picked it up. The man called his phone, and the suspect answered it, while they were still in the gym. The suspect promptly hung up the phone and turned it off, making it impossible for the owner to track by GPS.
• Vicodin stolen: At 7:26 p.m. March 16 in the 2800 block of South 299th Place, a woman reported that a prescription of Vicodin had gone missing. According to the report, the woman believed someone who lived with her may have taken the medication, but could not substantiate the claim.
• Idiot drivers find each other: At 10:39 p.m. March 16 in the 3500 block of SW 340th Street, two vehicles were involved in an accident. According to the police report, the drivers of both vehicles were driving with suspended licenses.
• Irate man at Old Country Buffet: At 3:18 p.m. March 17 in the 1800 block of South 320th Street, management at the Old Country Buffet contacted police about a man who was being belligerent in the restaurant. Police arrived, and the man continued to be defiant. He was eventually taken into custody and booked for obstruction.
• Drunk ex-girlfriend: At 9:11 p.m. March 17 in the 1700 block of South 281st Place, a man contacted police because his ex-girlfriend had shown up at his residence, drunk and looking to argue. According to the report, the woman has a no-contact order against the man. The woman was trespassed from the property and escorted to an undisclosed location.
• Women fight over karaoke: At 12:26 a.m. March 18 in the 2200 block of SW 336th Street, police responded to a call regarding a fight in a bar. According to the report, two women ended up in a physical fight over karaoke. Police confirmed the details of the fight with several witnesses. The report notes that both women planned to press charges against each other.
• House burglarized during vacation: At 5:42 p.m. March 18 in the 2600 block of SW 337th Street, the victim returned from vacation to find his home had been broken into and ransacked. According to the report, it appeared that nothing of substantive value was taken, and it was unclear how entry was made.
• Woman photographed by man in backyard: At 9:39 p.m. March 18 in the 32000 block of 16th Avenue SW, a woman was watching TV with a friend when she spotted an unknown man in her backyard. According to the report, the woman saw a flash and believed he took a picture of her. The man fled to a vehicle, of which the victim was able to get the license plate number.