Man tries to kick cop | Federal Way crime blotter
March 13, 2012 · Updated 3:22 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Man threatens police: At 10:51 p.m. March 9 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, a man was seen walking in traffic. Police confirmed the man had a warrant out of Seattle. According to the report, when the man was stopped by officers, he told them "I'm going to kick your ass," and proceeded to attempt to kick one of the officers, but missed. The man was winding up for a second kick when the officers took him to the ground and arrested him.
• Wife reports husband's death: At 8:55 a.m. March 11 in the 32000 block of 33rd Avenue SW, a woman reported her 81-year-old husband was dead. According to the report, the woman also found what appeared to be a suicide note near the man.
• Costly lunch trip: At 5:28 p.m. March 11 in the 24000 block of 4th Avenue SW, a man reported his home had been burglarized. According to the report, the man left his house for lunch. When he came back, he found his back slider door unsecured, and approximately $3,000 in electronics missing.
• Mother-in-law tries to shoot son-in-law: At 7:33 p.m. March 11 in the 32000 block of 16th Place SW, officers responded to a call of a possible fight with a gun. According to the report, a woman was attacked by her daughter and son-in-law. In retaliation, the woman fired a .22-caliber pistol at her son-in-law. The woman was arrested without incident.
• An honest addict: At 4:12 a.m. March 10 in the 33000 block of Pacific Highway South, police spotted a woman sitting in her vehicle in a parking lot. According to the report, the woman admitted to having methamphetamine in her car, and consented to a search of her vehicle and purse. Police located the meth in her purse.
• Dad turns in son: At 10:34 a.m. March 10 in the 36000 block of 12th Avenue South, a man called to report that his son was at his house. According to the report, police confirmed his son had a felony and misdemeanor warrant out, and they "contained" the home. The son was spotted attempting to escape through a window on the side of the house, but was eventually taken into custody by the police.
• Backpack taken right off his back: At 10:35 a.m. March 9 in the 31000 block of 23rd Avenue South, a man reported that his backpack had been stolen. According to the report, the man passed out near the Federal Way Transit Center while wearing the backpack in question. When he woke up, it was gone. The man indicated a doctor-prescribed dose of methadone was in the backpack, along with groceries and his cellphone.
• He just wanted to be gelling: At 5:15 p.m. March 10 in the 1200 block of South 320th Street, a man was detained by a loss prevention officer. According to the report, the man freely admitted to attempting to shoplift Dr. Scholl's shoe inserts and Scott Scented Wipes, a total value of $19.48. The suspect was arrested without incident.
• Jewelry stolen: At 1:22 p.m. March 9 in the 34000 block of 1st Avenue South, a man reported his home and been burglarized. According to the report, approximately $7,500 in jewelry was taken.
• Unconscious man found in road: At 9:29 p.m. March 9 in the 1900 block of SW 314th Street, a man found an unconscious man lying on or near the roadway. The man regained consciousness and asked what had happened. According to the report, the second man began walking, with the first man trailing him until police arrived. The report notes the unconscious man appeared to be intoxicated, but the man refused treatment from South King Fire and Rescue.