- About Us
Man masturbates at playground | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Public masturbator at playground: At 12:05 p.m. March 4 in the 1600 block of SW 304th Street, a mother and her children were playing at a playground. According to the report, the mother noticed a man across the playground with his hands down his pants, apparently masturbating. The mother promptly contacted police, but the man had left the area by the time police arrived.
• Hit and run stop turns up cocaine: At 5:21 a.m. March 4 in the 33000 block of 26th Place SW, police responded to a hit and run call. The suspect was located and determined to be driving under the influence. During a search of the subject, a baggy full of what was believed to be cocaine was discovered on the suspect.
• Walmart shoplifter: At 6:18 p.m. March 4 in the 34000 block of 16th Avenue South, a man was stopped for attempting to shoplift $623.92 in items from Walmart. According to the report, the man was booked and arrested for organized retail theft.
• Traffic stop nets two criminals: At 10:37 p.m. March 4 in the 100 block of South 312th Street, a Federal Way police officer pulled over a vehicle for a number of traffic violations. According to the report, after running checks on the driver and the passenger, it was discovered that the female driver had a warrant out of Pierce County for prostitution, while her passenger had a warrant out for escape. The two were taken into custody without incident.
• Driving with crystal meth: At 9:37 a.m. March 3 in the 33000 block of 21st Avenue SW, a suspect was arrested for driving without a license. According to the report, during a search of the subject, a baggy with what was believed to be approximately 27 grams of crystal meth was discovered.
• Missing woman: At 11:30 a.m. March 1 in the 33000 block of 24th Avenue SW, a woman's sister called to report her missing. According to the report, the woman had gone to meet a friend in Tukwila, but never arrived. The family contacted the friend the woman was supposed to meet, who confirmed that she never arrived in Tukwila.
• Marijuana growing in apartment: At 12:26 p.m. March 2 in the 4900 block of SW 319th Lane, a worker reported seeing a sizable marijuana growing operation inside an apartment.
• Riverside police reach out: At 3:37 p.m. March 2 in the 29000 block of 18th Avenue South, police apprehended a suspect without incident. According to the report, the suspect was taken into custody at the behest of the Riverside, Calif., police department, in order to get the suspect extradited back to California.
• Quick vehicle break-in: At 6:43 p.m. March 2 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, the victim entered a restaurant. According to the report, the victim was in the restaurant for approximately 10 minutes when the owner told him his car had been broken into. The victim discovered that his backpack, containing an iPad, external hard drive and $470 cash had been stolen. There were no witnesses or surveillance footage.
• Pedestrian infraction leads to arrest: At 2:45 p.m. March 1 in the 32000 block of Pacific Highway South, an officer observed a juvenile male commit a pedestrian infraction. According to the report, the juvenile had a warrant out in King County, and was taken in to custody.