- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Hit and run suspect caught | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Hit and run suspect gets hit with charges: At 6:58 p.m. Jan. 28 in the 33000 block of 21st Avenue SW, police responded to a call of a hit and run. According to the report, the victim followed the suspect in their car until police arrived. Police were able to affect a stop. The suspect was driving without a license, and also had drug paraphernalia on their person. The suspect had a passenger in the car, who was wanted for theft.
• Wear your helmet: At 2:24 p.m. Jan. 28 in the 2200 block of South 320th Street, a man was stopped for not wearing his helmet while riding a bicycle. According to the report, the man was subsequently arrested for trespassing on the property he was riding his bike through. The report also notes the suspect was in possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Beer theft: At 6:34 p.m. Jan. 28 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, a suspect was detained and arrested for stealing an unspecified amount of beer from an Albertsons store.
• Fighting over shoes: At 9:41 a.m. Jan. 27 in the 28000 block of 23rd Place South, police responded to a possible domestic violence call. According to the report, the two subjects were fighting over shoes, but no physical altercation had taken place.
• Son and father fight: At 11:17 a.m. Jan. 27 in the 900 block of 314th Place, a father and son were in a fight. According to the report, the father attempted to detain his son from leaving. At that time, the son hit his father with a flashlight, then held him at bay with a barstool until he was able to leave. According to the report, there was no visible physical injury to the father, but the father did complain of pain in his arm.
• Daughter calls 911: At 11:12 a.m. Jan. 27 in the 34000 block of 2nd Lane South, a mother hit her daughter with a metal broom handle. According to the report, police were notified of the situation when the daughter called 911 after being hit.
• Burglary big haul #1: At 2:33 p.m. Jan. 27 in the 300 block of South 361st Place, a burglary was reported. According to the report, approximately $7,700 in jewelry was stolen.
• Accidental stabbing: At 4:51 p.m. Jan. 27 in the 2200 block of SW 334th Street, police responded to a call of a stabbing. According to the report, the victim accidentally stabbed himself/herself when falling. Their injuries were non-life-threatening.
• Shady business partner: At 5:15 p.m. Jan. 27 in the 32000 block of 1st Avenue South, the victim reported their business partner was writing fraudulent checks.
• Burglary big haul #2: At 4:27 p.m. Jan. 27 in the 33000 block of 38th Avenue South, a burglary was reported. According to the report, $24,000 in jewelry was stolen, along $2,000 in cash and a $1,500 video camera. A handgun was also stolen.
• Thieves rip off Best Buy: At 8:04 p.m. Jan. 27 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, a Best Buy employee reported that two men had stolen a display computer. According to the report, there was no substantive leads on either suspect.
• Mail theft: At 3:11 p.m. Jan. 26 in the 1500 block of South 359th Street, it was reported that several mail items were found in the recycling bin of an apartment complex. According to the report, the mail belonged to another facility just up the road. The report notes the only lead was a witness who saw a young male in the general vicinity the day before.