- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Dog owners debate fight details | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Pooches brawl: At 11:49 a.m. Dec. 18 in the 32000 block of 19th Place South, two people were walking their dogs. One of the dog owners claimed that the other’s dog came up and attacked their small dog. According to the small dog owner, the other person’s dog was a pit bull, but according to the police report, the owner said the dog is not a pit bull. The owner of the larger dog said the small dog was off leash and actually attacked their dog. The owner of the larger dog broke up the fight, and suffered minor injuries, as did the smaller dog.
• Friend turned frienemy: At 1:36 p.m. Dec. 13 in the 34000 block of 28th Place SW, a woman reported that some of her jewelry had been stolen. According to the police report, the woman had recently let a friend stay at her house. The friend decided to leave abruptly, at which point the woman became suspicious and discovered that some of her jewelry had gone missing.
• $200 worth of stuff weighs you down: At 2:03 p.m. Dec. 18 in the 2200 block of South Commons, a suspect attempted to steal over $200 worth of merchandise from Target. According to the police report, the suspect tried to flee on foot, but was quickly apprehended.
• Once a thief, always a thief: At 4:03 p.m. Dec. 18 in the 34000 block of 16th Avenue South, a woman was caught attempting to steal $5.12 worth of merchandise from Wal-Mart. According to the report, she had an existing warrant out for theft, and was promptly booked into the SCORE jail.
• Missing gun: At 5:16 p.m. Dec. 18 in the 30000 block of 2nd Avenue SW, a man called to report a missing Smith and Wesson 686. According to the report, the man remembered seeing it in his gun safe back in October. The man believed his step-son might be responsible for the gun being gone from the gun safe.
• Getaway car doesn’t work: At 8:02 p.m. Dec. 18 in the 34000 block of 16th Avenue South, a man stole a $20 knife from Wal-Mart. According to the police report, he attempted to flee in a vehicle, but was apprehended.