- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Mailboxes vandalized at post office | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Mailboxes pried open: At 10:22 a.m. Dec. 1 in the 32000 block of Pacific Highway South, it was reported that 14 mailboxes at the United States Post Office were found pried open. The report notes there is no security or surveillance system for the mailboxes, and that the mailboxes are accessible 24 hours a day.
• Dang in-laws: At 1:26 p.m. Dec. 3 in the 31000 block of 14th Way SW, a man called police to report an argument between himself and his brother-in-law. According to the police report, the man’s brother-in-law believed he owed him $20 and a pack of cigarettes. The brother-in-law appealed to the police to at least help him get his $20 back, but the police indicated that was something they could not do. Both men were advised on possible law enforcement actions that could be taken if their disagreement escalated.
• Daughter takes money and car: At 3:31 p.m. Dec. 3 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, a woman reported that her adult daughter had withdrawn $100 from her bank without permission. According to the police report, the daughter, when confronted by her mother, left the area in her mother’s car, which she also didn’t have permission to take.
• Robbed at gunpoint: At 5:47 p.m. Dec. 3 in the 33000 block of 19th Avenue SW, a victim was robbed of $250 at gunpoint. According to the police report, the victim was attempting to purchase an Xbox 360 game at the time of the robbery.
• Gun stolen: At 9:21 p.m. Dec. 3 in the 1900 block of S. Commons, a man reported that a Ruger handgun had been stolen from his vehicle. According to the report, the man kept the gun in the center console of his vehicle. The console had a lock, and both the victim and police were unable to determine how the unknown suspect bypassed the lock. Also according to the report, the victim was unsure of how entry to his vehicle was made.
• Laptops stolen: At 7:35 a.m. Dec. 3 in the 33000 block of 9th Avenue South, it was reported that a business had been burglarized. According to the police report, three laptops, valued at $1,000 each, were taken.
• Multiple vehicle break-ins: At 8:37 a.m. Dec. 2 in the 900 block of South 293rd Street, it was reported that three vehicles were broken into. According to the police report, the items stolen from the vehicles included a purse valued at $500, a camera valued at $200, a pair of boots valued at $250, a prescription of Vicodin, an iPhone and a Garmin GPS system.
• Creeper scared off: At 10:47 a.m. Dec. 2 in the 1000 block of South 323rd Street, a woman was showering and heard her doorbell ring a number of times. According to the police report, once out of the shower, the woman noticed an unknown individual in her backyard. The unknown individual ran off after realizing the woman had spotted him/her.