Police bust hit-and-run driver | Federal Way crime blotter
December 5, 2011 · Updated 5:25 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Hit-and-run driver: At 2:28 a.m. Dec. 4 in the 30000 block of Pacific Highway South, a hit-and-run accident was reported. According to the report, a witness followed the driver to an apartment complex, where the driver was located and arrested. Also according to the police report, the driver had multiple names and IDs. Police contacted immigration authorities because of the multiple names and IDs possessed by the driver.
• Passed out driver?: At 12:25 a.m. Dec. 4 in the 35000 block of 1st Avenue South, a driver was involved in a collision. According to the report, police were told the driver was passed out in the driver’s seat. Upon arrival, police discovered the driver was still seated in the driver’s seat, but did not note whether he was conscious. The driver failed the field sobriety test and was arrested for DUI.
• Expensive vehicle break-in: At 6:43 a.m. Dec. 4 in the 28000 block of 18th Avenue South, the victim reported his/her car had been broken into. According to the report, the victim indicated that approximately $3,489 worth of items were stolen from the vehicle.
• Victim finds stuff on Craigslist: At 6:08 p.m. Dec. 4 in the 30000 block of 6th Avenue SW, the victim reported that he/she had been out of town for a number of days, and during that time, someone had broken into his/her home and stolen a number of items. Among the items stolen were a laptop computer and a number of power tools. According to the police report, the victim found the computer and two of the tools on a Craigslist posting.
• Stolen gun: At 9:20 p.m. Dec. 4 in the 1800 block of SW 308th Place, a man reported that his semi-automatic 9-mm handgun had been stolen. According to the police report, the man had two people over recently, whom he only knows by their first names. The man said he kept the gun hidden in a couch, and believes somehow that one of the two people had stolen the gun while he was sitting on the couch.
• Robbed at gunpoint: At 12:24 a.m. Dec. 3 in the 1600 block of South 308th Street, two people were held at gunpoint while their home was robbed. According to the police report, approximately $1,000 worth of items were taken by the robbers. Tukwila police K-9 and a King County Sheriff’s Office chopper were called in an attempt to locate the suspects, but were unsuccessful.
• Fiberoptic cable cut: At 11:10 a.m. Dec. 3 at the intersection of 19th Way South and Enchanted Parkway, it was reported that a Comcast fiberoptic cable box had been broken into and that the fiberoptic cables were cut. According to the police report, this damage totaled approximately $3,000.
• Unoccupied car occupied by thieves: At 12:15 a.m. Dec. 3 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, police responded to a call of an apparently unoccupied vehicle that had been left running. According to the report, police discovered two individuals inside, and that the car was stolen by those two individuals. The suspects had photographs, a substance suspected to be heroin and related paraphernalia, and shaved keys on them when they were booked and processed. According to the report, the car owner was located and the car was returned.