- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Cops respond to bathroom break | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Man stays in restroom too long: At 1:03 a.m. Nov. 24 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, a man entered a gas station restroom. According to the report, the attendant became nervous when the man hadn’t exited the bathroom in over 20 minutes. Upon arrival, police attempted to make contact with the man, but received no response. The police then forced entry into the restroom, where they found the man attempting to open a bottle of wine.
• Theft at the gym: At 7:53 a.m. Nov. 23 in the 2100 block of South 314th Street, a victim reported that someone had rummaged through their wallet at the gym. There were no witnesses or suspects.
• Garage door opener: At 7:47 a.m. Nov. 23 in the 29000 block of 1st Place South, the victim’s vehicle was broken into. According to the report, unknown suspects took the victim’s GPS device, sunglasses and garage door opener.
• Burglars or ghosts?: At 1:54 p.m. Nov. 24 in the 28000 block of 25th Place South, a woman reported someone had broken into her home. According to the police report, the woman stated that someone had entered her home, taken a picture that was on a wall and placed it on the floor. The woman stated that when she had left earlier that day, her sliding door was locked, but upon returning, she found it unlocked. The woman said this isn’t the first time something similar had happened.
• Daughter threatens mother: On Nov. 24 at 9:57 a.m. in the 1900 block of SW Campus Drive, a mother and a daughter got into a heated argument. According to police, sometime during the argument, the daughter picked up a knife and threatened the mother with it. The daughter was arrested and booked in King County Jail.
• iPod tracked to pawn shop: At 10:36 a.m. Nov. 25 in the 3900 block of SW 337th Streeet, the victim provided police with the serial number of his/her iPod that had been recently stolen. According to police, the iPod had been pawned at a local pawn shop on Oct. 27 by a person known to the victim.
• Roommate fight: At 2:15 a.m. Nov. 26 in the 2500 block of South 286th Street, police responded to a call about a fight. According to police, two adult male roommates had gotten into a fight with each other, with one punching the other twice in the face. The puncher was arrested.
• Man with keys: At 6:54 a.m. Nov. 27 in the 33000 block of 9th Avenue South, a man was detained by police for being in an area that had recently had a rash of commercial burglaries. The man had a large collection of keys on his person. The police checked local buildings and found no signs of attempted forced entries, and let the man go on his way.
• Shoplifting: At 3:16 p.m. Nov. 25 in the 34000 block of 16th Avenue South, a woman was detained for attempting to shoplift $503.81 worth of merchandise from Walmart.