- About Us
Intoxicated shoplifter gets off the hook | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Get out of jail for free card: At 3:54 p.m. Nov. 19 in the 1900 block of South Commons, a suspect was detained for attempting to steal a pair of shoes from Famous Footwear. According to the police report, no charges were filed because the suspect was extremely intoxicated. The report also notes the suspect was transported to the hospital because of extreme intoxication.
• Domestic dispute: At 1:05 a.m. Nov. 20 in the 33000 block of 26th Place SW, police responded to reports of a domestic dispute. Upon arrival, police encountered a woman who said she and her significant other had gotten into an argument. According to the police report, the woman had visible injuries, which she attributed to "falling a lot."
Change jar jacked: At 7:02 a.m. Nov. 20 in the 200 block of S. 329th Court, the reporting party told police a change jar had been stolen from inside their residence. According to the police report, the jar had approximately $250 in change.
• Lost dog found, maybe: At 12:14 a.m. Nov. 20 in the 2100 block of SW 326th Street, the reporting party indicated their dog was missing. According to the police report, the victim's sister thought she had located the dog in the possession of another person. The other person stated they got their dog from a woman who was selling them in front of The Commons Mall back in September. The victim said they didn't think the other person had stolen their dog, but was sure that the dog in that person's possession was theirs. The police report notes there's no way to prove the identity of the dog without an age test from a veterinarian.
• No good deed goes unpunished: At 6:15 p.m. Nov. 19 in the 1900 block of South Commons, a suspect was noted to be acting suspiciously. When the suspect was approached by police, the suspect handed over a bag of marijuana to the police, saying they had found it and did not want to get in trouble for it. According to the police report, the suspect was trespassed from the mall and released into the custody of a relative. The marijuana was destroyed by the police department.
• Threatening text messages: At 11:51 a.m. Nov. 17 in the 4200 block of S 288th Street in Auburn, a victim reported receiving threatening text messages from a suspect. According to the report, the messages threatened to harm or kill the victim. The victim was receiving the messages because they had implicated the suspect, in a written statement, in an ongoing fraud case.
• Theft on the bus: At 8:15 a.m. Nov. 17 in the 33000 block of 35th Avenue SW, the victim was riding a bus when an unknown male suspect grabbed the victim's iPhone 4 out of their hand. According to the police report, the suspect was able to flee off the bus, and was not located.
• Triple play car break-in: At 6:08 p.m. Nov. 17 in the 28000 block of Pacific Highway South, three people reported their vehicles had been broken into, and that numerous items were stolen out of each. According to the police report, the vehicles were accessed by breaking out one or more of the windows in the vehicles.