Man takes off shirt, punches 2 women | Federal Way crime blotter
November 14, 2011 · 6:53 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Two women assaulted: On Nov. 13, in the 2200 block of S. Star Lake Road, two women were at a residence with a friend. According to the police report, another man present stood up, removed his watch and shirt, and proceeded to punch one of the women in the mouth. The man also punched the second woman about the head.
• Car stolen, ends up crashed: At 8:37 a.m. Nov. 13 in the 2000 block of SW 318th Place, a woman called police to report her vehicle had been stolen. According to the police report, police were on the scene of a vehicle that had been crashed and abandoned. The crashed vehicle belonged to the woman reporting the stolen vehicle.
• Check stolen from mailbox: At 11:59 a.m. Nov. 13 in the 32000 block of 16th Place SW, a man reported that a check had been stolen from his mailbox. According to the police report, three checks were cashed on the man’s account the same day at locations in Federal Way and Tacoma. The police report notes the man ended up losing out on $1,075.25.
• Shady gold sale: At 2:46 p.m. Nov. 13 in the 1800 block of South Commons, a man sold $220 worth of gold to a retailer. According to the report, the man was detained and arrested because during the transaction, he took back $66 worth of gold in the hopes the retailer wouldn’t notice.
• Do not resuscitate: At 5:03 p.m. Nov. 13 in the 600 block of South 304th Street, staff at an adult family home reported a deceased resident. According to the police report, South King Fire and Rescue responded, but were unable to treat the deceased individual because that person had previously signed a Do Not Resuscitate order.
• Rock thrown through window: At 3:20 a.m. Nov. 12 in the 600 block of SW 321st Street, the victim reported someone had thrown a small rock through the front window. The victim did not see a suspect, and only heard the sound of the breaking glass. According to the police report, the victim and police were able to locate the rock inside the home. The police performed a search of the area to no avail.
• Stolen boats, kind of: At 2:02 p.m. Nov. 12 in the 1000 block of South 312th Street, two neighbors reported their boats had been stolen. According to the police report, the unknown suspects took the boats to the far shore of Easter Lake. Both victims were able to recover their boats, and no damage was noted to the boats.