- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Person threatens to blow up building | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Building threatened: At 1:32 p.m. Oct. 20 in the 34000 block of 11th Place, the reporting party contacted police regarding a threat made to the building where they worked. According to the police report, an individual had threatened to blow up the building over medication the person had not been able to receive. The police report notes that a health care professional was able to speak to the individual making the threat, and that the health care professional was able to set up an appointment with the individual. According to the police report, the health care professional did not feel the individual would make good on the threat.
• Business break-in: At 8:05 a.m. Oct. 21 in the 1700 block of South 341st Place, a victim reported a break-in at their business. According to the police report, approximately $2,500 in merchandise was stolen. Video surveillance footage of the crime was available and was being reviewed by police.
• MoneyGram fraud: At 1:03 p.m. Oct. 20 in the 2900 block of SW 339th Street, the reporting party contacted police regarding two MoneyGram checks sent by an unknown person through FedEx. According to the police report, the checks totaled $1,600, and came with instructions for the reporting party to cash $200 from each and then send the remainder of the money elsewhere. The reporting party contacted MoneyGram, which confirmed the checks were fake.
• Wannabe shoplifters: At 3:21 p.m. Oct. 20 in the 1900 block of South Commons, police were called in response to attempted shoplifting at Target. According to the police report, a trio of juveniles attempted to steal a candy bar and iPod charger from Target, but were spotted and detained by Target loss prevention officers. According to the report, the same trio had attempted to steal items earlier in the day from Top Foods.
• Dead roommate: At 3:41 p.m. Oct. 20 in the 32000 block of 29th Avenue SW, two roommates contacted police regarding their third roommate. According to the police report, the two had not seen their roommate for a number of days. When they entered his bedroom, they found him dead on the floor. Also, according to the police report, police found no evidence of suspicious circumstances surrounding the roommate’s death.
• Keep your firearms in a safe place: At 5:37 p.m. Oct. 20 in the 2300 block of SW 341st Place, police responded to a burglary call. According to the police report, unknown suspects broke into the victim’s house by breaking a bedroom window. Among the items stolen were a 9-mm pistol that was fully loaded with a 15-round magazine. The report notes the firearm was kept in an unsecured nightstand.
• Honey, I need to tell you about these memories: At 10:12 p.m. Oct. 20 in the 33000 block of 37th Avenue SW, a woman reported a dispute with her husband. According to the police report, the woman was remembering repressed childhood memories and wanted to share them with her husband. She woke her husband up from sleeping to do so, and he became angry after being woken up, and an argument ensued.