Woman's assault recorded on phone | Federal Way crime blotter
October 13, 2011 · 2:48 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Assault recorded on phone: At 9:59 p.m. Oct. 9 in the 1600 block of South 272nd Street, a woman called police to report that she was being physically assaulted by a man. While the woman had the phone line open, dispatchers heard the woman being physically and verbally assaulted, according to the police report. Police arrested the man for assault in the fourth-degree and booked him into jail. However, the woman didn’t wish to participate in the prosecution of the case.
• Vehicular assault: At 1:23 a.m. Oct. 9 at the intersection of South 320th Street and Interstate 5, it was reported that a man driving a black Honda ran a red light off the Interstate 5 off-ramp, causing a traffic accident. The man was later arrested by the Washington State Patrol for vehicular assault and driving under the influence. A passenger in the man’s car was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with serious head injuries, according to the report.
• Slow-speed chase: At 6:36 p.m. Oct. 9 in the 35000 block of 1st Avenue South, police observed a man walking down 1st Avenue with a woman driving her vehicle slowly next to him with her flashers on, according to the police report. Police determined that the man and woman were boyfriend and girlfriend and they were in a verbal argument over grocery shopping, according to the report.
• House rules: At 6:20 p.m. Oct. 9 in the 2000 block of Southwest 352nd Street, police were called after a man stated that he got into an argument with his daughter about her staying the night at a friend’s house the night before without permission. The argument was verbal-only and the daughter agreed to start obeying the house rules, according to the report.
• Shoot up house: At 9:25 p.m. Oct. 8 in the 32000 block of 10th Avenue South, a woman reported that her husband had told her that another man had threatened to shoot up her house. The woman reported that she saw the suspect pull into to her residence and tell somebody on the phone that he was about to shoot up her house, according to the report. No suspect was located.
• Intentional accident: At 10:56 p.m. Oct. 8 in the 29000 block of 20th Way South, police were notified of an accident. It was reported that the suspect drove his vehicle into the victim’s vehicle during a fight and then fled the scene on foot, according to the police report. The victim was then taken to St. Francis Hospital for a blood draw and fought with officers, striking one several times in the chest. He was taken to King County Jail and booked, according to the report.