- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Women violate mall's swearing policy | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Cussing women: At 6:11 p.m. Oct. 9 in the 1900 block of South Commons, two women were reported for behaving suspiciously at The Commons Mall. The duo were trespassed from the mall after they repeatedly swore loudly in front of children and other patrons of the mall, which is in violation of the mall’s conduct policy, according to the police report.
• Busted barbecue and lamp: At 11:28 a.m. Oct. 9 in the 600 block of SW 361st Street, a father reported that his son had broken a barbecue and lamp with a combined value of $600. According to the police report, the son has a history of mental health issues, and was involuntarily committed to St. Francis Hospital following this incident.
• “Punched” door lock: At 4:18 p.m. Oct. 8 in the 1400 block of S. 348th Street, a man reported that the passenger side door lock on his truck had been “punched” out and that thieves had taken personal belongings from his vehicle totaling $1,350. Among the items stolen were a smartphone and iPod.
• Once bitten: At 8:23 p.m. Oct. 9 in the 28000 block Military Road South, a man was assaulted by a woman. According to the police report, the woman bit the man, leaving a visible injury.
• How to save a life: At 11:44 p.m. Oct. 9 in the 32000 block of 40th Avenue SW, a wife called to report she was attempting to give CPR to her husband. Police were dispatched. Upon arrival, police found the wife’s husband not breathing and turning purple. Officers and the wife moved the man to the floor and police began performing CPR on the man. According to the report, South King Fire and Rescue arrived and took over CPR. The husband was eventually stabilized and admitted to St. Francis Hospital, according to the police report.
• Hulk smash!: At midnight Oct. 8 in the 1700 block of South 282nd Place, police were dispatched to a domestic incident between a dating couple. According to the report, the couple has a child in common. The two were arguing when the man became especially agitated and threw a PlayStation 3 controller at a 45-inch flat-screen television, destroying the television. According to the police report, the woman refused to cooperate with the investigation.
• “Watch your back”: At 1:32 p.m. Oct. 8 in the 32000 block of Pacific Highway South, a mother called police regarding harassment her daughter has been receiving. According to the police report, school officials are aware of the issue. The report notes that the daughter had received a phone call from an individual, in which the individual told her to “watch her back.” According to the police report, the call was made in regards to a dispute the daughter has with another individual at the school.
• Bumper cars in real life: At 10:56 p.m. Oct. 8 in the 29000 block of 20th Way South, police were dispatched to the scene of the accident. Upon arrival, they learned that the accident was caused by one driver intentionally running his or her car into another driver. According to the report, the suspect fled on foot after ramming the car into the other person’s vehicle.