- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Wife grabs box cutter, jumps out window | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Suicidal person: At 10:34 p.m. Sept. 25 in the 34000 block of 1st Court SW, a husband reported that his wife had been making suicidal statements. According to the police report, the husband said his wife had grabbed a box cutter and jumped out a second story window and ran off. The husband indicated his wife had told him she sleeps in a nearby wooded area sometimes. Police performed a search of the area and were unable to locate the wife.
• Drunk and angry: At 1:44 a.m. Sept. 25 in the 2000 block of SW Campus Drive, a victim reported that an intoxicated female had thrown a beer mug through his rear driver’s side window. The victim thought the suspect may have been associated with a vehicle nearby that was unattended.
• Text message phishing: At 5:41 p.m. Sept. 25 in the 2200 block of South Star Lake Road, a friend of a possible fraud victim contacted police. The friend said the victim had received a text message indicating their debit card was cancelled. The victim contacted the number and left a voicemail with sensitive personal information. According to the police report, no suspicious activity had happened on the victim’s account at the time of the report.
• Maced in the face: At 9:25 p.m. Sept. 25 in the 31000 block of 3rd Lane SW, police responded to an assault call. Upon arrival, they found one person who had been sprayed in the face with either Mace or pepper spray. According to the report, the suspect left before police arrived.
• I’m gonna get my BB gun: At 1:40 a.m. Sept. 24 in the 31000 block of 51st Lane SW, two individuals were involved in an altercation. According to the police report, one of the individuals was intoxicated, and had been repeatedly asking the other individual for a cigarette. After the other person refused to hand over a cigarette, the intoxicated individual went to his apartment nearby and grabbed a pellet gun. A third party, seeing this, intervened and calmed the intoxicated person down.
• Bank account hacked: At 11:46 a.m. Sept. 24 in the 33000 block of 28th Avenue SW, the victim reported their bank account had been hacked. The victim indicated someone had deposited and withdrawn money without authorization. The victim contacted the bank, which confirmed the account had been compromised online.
• I need my shampoo: At 1:18 p.m. Sept. 24 in the 2200 block of S. Commons, a suspect was caught and arrested for attempting to steal $109.04 in haircare products from Target.