Suspect kicks door into owner's face | Federal Way crime blotter
September 19, 2011 · 5:26 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Returned to the scene: At 9:35 p.m. Sept. 8 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, police responded to the scene of a fight. According to the police report, officers spoke with several witnesses who said the suspect had been in an argument with someone inside a store. While exiting the store, the suspect kicked a vehicle door, which struck the vehicle’s owner in the face. The suspect later returned to the scene, at which time the suspect was taken into custody.
• Another chance: At 7:41 a.m. Sept. 8 in the 900 block of South 296th Place, a victim contacted police regarding a burglary. The victim said an Apple iMac, valued at $1,500, had been taken. The victim had left the door unlocked and the suspect entered and took the computer without permission. The suspect later returned the computer to the victim, who declined to press charges.
• Lots of tools stolen: At 11:30 a.m. Sept. 9 in the 36000 block of 6th Avenue SW, victims reported being burglarized. They indicated approximately $4,700 worth of tools had been taken. According to the police report, there are no active leads.
• Don’t share your bank info: At 1:39 p.m. Sept. 7 in the 31000 block of 18th Avenue South, a victim reported that someone had fraudulently used their bank information to pay bills in excess of $1,000. The suspect is believed to be the victim’s ex-boyfriend.
• Two dollar bills y’all: At 8:31 p.m. Sept. 6 in the 800 block of SW 312th Street, a victim reported being burglarized. The victim indicated $300 worth of two-dollar bills had been stolen, along with $10,000 in jewelry.
• Wal-Mart’s low prices: At 9:18 p.m. Sept. 5 in the 34000 block of 16th Avenue South, the reporting party indicated that her husband’s debit card had been used fraudulently between the months of June and July. The woman indicated someone had charged $1,045 at local Wal-Marts.
• Armed robbery: At midnight Sept. 4 in the 28000 block of Military Road South, a victim was cleaning at Safeway when a tall thin man wearing a bandana ran up. The suspect produced a weapon, pointed it at the victim, and demanded money.