Dad helps with rent, son pounds vehicle with fists | Federal Way crime blotter
September 8, 2011 · Updated 5:57 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Rent help, fight: At 8:38 a.m. Sept. 3 in the 31000 block of 3rd Lane Southwest, a father drove to his adult son’s apartment to give him help with his rent money, according to the police report. The father became upset at his son’s attitude and an argument ensued. The son then used his fists to pound on the hood of his father’s vehicle, causing a dent, according to the report. The father refused to cooperate with the investigation.
• Egging the house: At 11:15 a.m. Sept. 3 in the 2800 block of South 308th Lane, police received a report of a verbal argument between a man and a woman. The woman stated that the man had left the residence, but had thrown eggs throughout the residence, according to the police report. There was no damage or injuries. The woman received a domestic violence pamphlet.
• Burglary: At 12:22 a.m. Sept. 2 in the 29000 block of Pacific Highway South, police were dispatched to an alarm sounding at Sol de Mexico. Police found a glass door had been broken and the suspect had also broken open the cash register, according to the police report. Police found that the business next door had a broken glass door and the alarm box was ripped off the wall, according to the report. A business across the street had also been burglarized about two hours before in the same fashion, police said.
• Assault: At 8:48 a.m. Sept. 2 in the 30000 block of 23rd Avenue South, police were dispatched to a report of a fight between a male and a female. The male was seen with a club and a possible firearm, according to the police report. Both were detained and the male was found to be in possession of an Airsoft gun; it was determined that he had assaulted the female with a flashlight before, according to the report. The man was arrested for assault in the fourth degree and booked into the Fife Jail.
• Armed robbery: At 5:33 p.m. Sept. 1 in the 3600 block of Southwest 336th Street, a victim was walking home when two black males pulled up next to him and asked for his backpack, according to the police report. The victim refused. The passenger, who was in a ski mask, then pulled out a handgun and demanded the backpack, according to the report.