Argument results in shop damage | Federal Way crime blotter
September 2, 2011 · Updated 8:17 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Who’s to blame?: At 2:55 p.m. Aug. 27 in the 1200 block of South 343rd Street, police were called after a shop owner and a shop representative got into an argument after the rep came in to pick up his truck after having repairs done. Following the argument, the rep was backing his truck out of the shop when he ran over an air tool belonging to the business. The incident caused damage to the air tool and popped two of the rep’s tires, according to the report. The incident caused another argument over who would be responsible for the damages. The rep wanted the shop owner to pay for his tires and the owner wanted the rep to pay for the air tool, according to the report.
• Stolen purse: At 3:20 p.m. Aug. 24 at Wild Waves Theme Park, a woman called police to tell them that her purse along with five credit cards, checkbook and driver’s license were stolen from her car while it was parked at the park. There was no damage to the car and it was still locked, as the woman had left it, according to the report. Police have no suspects.
• Strongarm robbery: At 3:23 p.m. Aug. 24 in the 1900 block of South 314th Street, a woman reported that she had been the victim of a strongarm robbery attempt, according to the police report. A white vehicle pulled up next the woman, who was the passenger in another vehicle, and a man attempted to take her purse off of her shoulder. The attempt was unsuccessful and the other driver left the area, according to the report.
• Stolen stereo: At 8:28 a.m. Aug. 28 in the 28000 block of 25th Place South, a woman reported that sometime after midnight, the passenger window was broken out and her stereo was stolen, according to the police report. Police have no suspects.
• Burglary: At 7:07 p.m. Aug. 28 in the 29000 block of 18th Avenue South, a woman reported that her residence was burglarized at some point during the last two months, according to the police report. The woman was in Korea and $6,000 worth of items, including a television and jewelry, were stolen.
• Burglary: At 8:27 p.m. Aug. 28 in the 500 block of South 323rd Place, a neighbor witnessed two black males banging on the window of an apartment, according to the police. The neighbor then heard noises coming from the apartment like somebody going through drawers, the report said. The neighbor then witnessed two men leaving the apartment with a full duffel bag. Police found a window open with the screen out, according to the report. There were numerous items stolen, including a computer and iPod.
• Robbery: At 8:51 p.m. Aug. 28 in the 31000 block of 8th Avenue Southwest, police were dispatched to a man being robbed by an unknown Hispanic man. The man’s property was returned to him by two good samaritans, according to the police report. The man was, however, still missing a knife. Police have no suspects.
• Theft: At 2:26 a.m. Aug. 27 in the 2100 block of SW 334th Place, a woman heard a noise and looked outside and saw an unknown male in her vehicle and the driver’s side window broken, according to police. The woman reported that a GPS system was taken.
• Argument: At 10:49 a.m. Aug. 27 in the 900 block of Southwest Campus Drive, a mother and daughter got into an argument over chores and money, according to the police report. The mother then began pushing the daughter and the daughter pushed her back, the report said. There were no reports of injuries and both agreed to seek family counseling.