- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Couple drinks booze at Target before man gets tased | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Drinking in Target: At 6:08 p.m. Aug. 16 in the 1900 block of South Commons, a man and a woman were observed drinking alcohol inside Target together, according to the police report. When the man was contacted by police, he provided a fake name, then attempted to run. The man was taken to the ground and tased by police as he struggled to get away. Later checks revealed the man had multiple restraining orders with the woman he was drinking with as the protected person. The man was booked into jail.
• Shotgun: At 11:36 p.m. Aug. 14 in the 33000 block of Pacific Highway South, a man reported that he was sitting on a bench smoking when two men approached him. One of the men was holding a shotgun and pointed it at the victim’s head and cocked it. The victim pushed the gun away and then ran away. While running away, he fell and hid behind a vehicle. The suspects ran away, the man said.
• Domestic dispute: At 10:35 p.m. Aug. 15 in the 33000 block of 41st Place, police were called regarding a fight between a man and a woman. Police determined that the man was assaulted by his girlfriend. The woman was placed under arrest for fourth-degree assault. The man then tried to interfere with the investigation and was subsequently arrested for obstruction and fourth-degree assault. Both were booked into King County Jail without incident.
• Domestic dispute: At 12:09 a.m. Aug. 16 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, police responded to a domestic dispute after a woman reported that her ex-boyfriend and his acquaintance were inside her apartment when she came home. The woman told police that she told them to leave. After leaving, the acquaintance broke a window in her apartment, according to the report. The man was gone before police arrived.
• Drunken fall: At 4:17 a.m. Aug. 18 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, police were contacted to assist the fire department with a victim of an assault. Several people were intoxicated and they all stated they were drinking and got into an argument, according to the police report. Two of the people, both women, started pushing each other and one woman fell backward, striking her head, which caused bleeding. The woman was then agitated and uncooperative with fire crews. She was later released to her boyfriend and said she would go to the hospital later.
• Drunk dialing: At 4:40 p.m. Aug. 14 in the 1700 block of South 281st Place, a woman called to report that she was receiving vulgar messages from her ex-boyfriend. The man was recently arrested for assaulting the woman and is currently living out of state, according to the police report. The woman said that the man had been drunk dialing her and leaving messages.
• Stolen equipment: At 7:15 a.m. Aug. 15 at the intersection of South 320th Street and Interstate 5, an unknown suspect went into a construction site on the southbound I-5 off-ramp at 320th and stole numerous aluminum beams used for retaining walls, according to the police report. The beams were valued at $2,000.
• Stolen drugs: At 4:20 p.m. Aug. 16 in the 4000 block of South 324th Street, a woman called to report that 1.5 boxes of prescription drugs were stolen from her home, according to the police report. The woman stated she suffered from a debilitating nerve disease. She told police that she left her apartment unsecured while her landlord and a carpet cleaner were inside doing maintenance, according to the report. She believes the two men had something to do with the incident, but can’t prove it.
• Gun pulled: At 9:14 p.m. Aug. 16 in the 33000 block of 21st Avenue Southwest, a man went to Fred Meyer to sell his iPhone to several subjects. After showing the phone, an unknown suspect took the phone and fled toward a vehicle, according to the police report. The victim, along with a witness, chased them. The driver of the vehicle presented a handgun and told them to get back, according to the report. The vehicle then left the area.
• Mother arrested: At 1:26 p.m. Aug. 14 in the 34000 block of 21st Avenue Southwest, a girl called police to report that her mother punched her in the face, causing pain. The mother was arrested and booked.