- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Fried chicken causes domestic violence | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Assault: At 2:45 a.m. Aug. 7 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, police were called because of a physical domestic situation between two people. When police arrived, they found both the suspect and victim had injuries, but the victim’s injuries were more substantial, according to the police report. A child at the location confirmed the victim’s account of the story that the two were having a dispute about fried chicken. The suspect was arrested on domestic violence assault charges and booked into the Buckley jail.
• Drunken driving: At 1:13 a.m. Aug. 7 in the 35000 block of 8th Avenue Southwest, police stopped a man for a traffic violation. Upon further investigation, there was a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage on his breath as he spoke, according to the police report. The man also had red, bloodshot, glassy eyes and refused to take a field sobriety test. The man had blood-alcohol content levels of .087 and .086 percent, according to the report.
• Fraud: At 10:57 a.m. Aug. 1 in the 31000 block of 21st Avenue South, a person attempted to deposit $20,000 worth of fraudulent checks and then withdraw the cash, according to police. The suspect was able to get $952.93 from the bank. Attempts to locate the suspect were negative.
• Theft: At 2:30 p.m. July 30 in the 900 block of South 296th Place, a woman reported the theft of two rings, which she believes were stolen by a friend of her son’s who spent the weekend at their home, according to the police report. The rings were valued at $16,000, according to the report.
• Suspect in the trash: At 3:09 p.m. Aug. 5 in the 1700 block of South 320th Street, a suspect was found concealing himself in a trash dumpster and in possession of an open liquor container, according to the police report. A computer check revealed that he was previously issued a no trespass citation to stay away from the location he was at, according to the report.
• Argument: At 12:42 p.m. Aug. 7 in the 33000 block of 26th Place Southwest, a mother got into an argument with her 17-year-old son over his lack of respect and his attitude about cleaning up after himself, according to the police report. The son left and slammed the door, according to the report. The son was found to have a no bail warrant for domestic violence assault (fourth degree) out of King County Juvenile Court.
• Theft and drugs: At 2:19 p.m. Aug. 7 in the 32000 block of 7th Avenue Southwest, police were called on a report of a theft and a suicidal subject, according to the police report. Upon arrival, police arrested the man for third-degree theft and also found suspected heroin on the man.
• Assault with a golf ball: At 10:14 p.m. Aug. 7 in the 4200 block of Southwest 320th Street, a man was driving west on 320th Street when a golf ball struck his vehicle, causing him to abruptly stop and almost get rear-ended by another vehicle following him, according to the police report. There was no damage to the car and the man also found nine other golf balls on the street, according to the report. Police contacted a teenage boy at a nearby house.