- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Dog in suitcase upsets customer at Wendy's | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Not a fan of the doggie suitcase: At 9:15 p.m. Aug. 4 in the 31000 block of 23rd Avenue South, police were called after a man was approached by a male suspect, identified as being around 20 years old with a thin build, while he was eating at Wendy’s, according to the police report. The suspect was upset about the way the man was carrying his dog in a suitcase, according to the report. The suspect slapped the victim’s food out of his hand and then pushed him. The suspect then left after the victim advised him he was calling 911.
• Fight on broken glass: At 1:25 a.m. Aug. 7 in the 1800 block of South 320th Street, police were called after a man punched another man outside of Billy McHale’s. Another man then came outside to break up the fight and pushed one of the men off of the other, the report said. The man that threw the first punch then threw a bottle onto the ground, breaking it, then pushed the other man. The two men both stepped on the broken glass, causing severe cuts to both of their feet, according to the report. In the end, nobody wanted to press charges.
• Masturbating: At 3:51 p.m. Aug. 7 in the 34000 block of Pacific Highway South, a woman called police to say that an unknown male in a blue car was slowly following her through a parking lot. She briefly noticed that the man was masturbating while doing so, according to the police report. The woman then got into her vehicle and the man sped away. Police have no suspects.
• Stolen money: At 6:27 p.m. Aug. 7 in the 32000 block of 29th Avenue Southwest, a woman told police that while she was at Costco, somebody stole $17,000 in cash from her home, along with a $500 cellphone. A witness observed a male trying the doorknob and the man later went into the backyard, the report said. Police have a suspect in mind.
• More cash stolen: At 5:05 p.m. Aug. 7 in the 1200 block of South 308th Street, a woman called police to report the theft of $26,000 in cash from her residence. The woman suspects her boyfriend stole the money, according to the police report.
• Domestic assault and cocaine: At 7:52 p.m. Aug. 7 in the 32000 block of 10th Avenue South, police were called after a man and his stepson got into an argument over the cleanliness of the boy’s room, according to police. The boy attempted to punch his stepfather, but missed. The man then threw the boy on the ground, got on top of him and began punching him repeatedly. The boy suffered a swollen jaw and scratches. The stepfather was booked for assault into the Fife jail. Later, Fife jailers located a small plastic baggy of cocaine concealed in the man’s wallet, along with a cut plastic straw, the report said.
• Shotgun: At 12:57 a.m. Aug. 6 in the 800 block of Southwest 306th Street, police were contacted by a man who claimed that another man fired a shotgun round at him while he was driving a vehicle, according to a police report. The suspect was located and placed under arrest for first-degree assault.
• Invisible burglars: At 3:55 a.m. Aug. 3 in the 30000 block of 28th Avenue South, a man and woman called police telling them that unknown suspects were trying their back doorknob and one of the suspects was armed with a sword or a long gun, according to the police report. The two also said they heard footsteps on their roof preceding this incident. The man said that he videotaped the suspects. Three police officers reviewed the video and were unable to see anyone in the video, despite the man and woman pointing them out, according to police.