Dog owner charged with cruelty after vacation | Federal Way crime blotter
August 1, 2011 · Updated 6:17 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Animal cruelty: At 10:14 a.m. July 30 in the 31000 block of 53rd Avenue Southwest, police were called after the owner of a dog had left town and allowed the dog to roam around the neighborhood, according to the police report. While the woman was gone, the dog was hit by a car the previous evening and had been laying on the home’s porch ever since, the report said. When police arrived, the dog’s wounds were infested with maggots, according to the report. The dog was transported to the Tacoma Humane Society, where it was euthanized. The owner of the dog was contacted and made aware that she would be charged with animal cruelty.
• Burglary: At 12:22 a.m. July 30 in the 32000 block of Military Road South, a resident reported that his/her residence was burglarized while the resident was at a movie, according to the police report. Entry was gained using a crowbar on the rear door of the home. Suspects stole $4,500 worth of jewelry, an iPod and a $750 computer, according to the report.
• Intoxicated in car with a gun: At 2:58 a.m. July 31 at a school in the 31000 block of 28th Avenue South, a man was found asleep in a school parking lot extremely intoxicated, according to a police report. A handgun was seen on the floor board of his vehicle in plain view. The handgun was seized and the suspect was detained, according to the report. The suspect didn’t have a concealed weapons license.
• Robbery: At 6:34 a.m. July 31 in the 34000 block of Hoyt Road, a man reached over the counter of a Chevron and pulled money out of an open register, according to the police report. The man stole $89.40 and fled the area.
• Stolen undergarments: At 10:23 a.m. July 29 in the 900 block of Southwest 313th Court, a woman reported to police that she believes her ex-boyfriend has a copy of her key and unlawfully made entry while no one was home, according to the police report. The woman reported that prescription medication and undergarments were taken, according to the report. The woman said this is not the first time this has happened and that she is afraid of the man. Police advised the woman to change her locks and have no contact with the man.
• Needs affection: At 11:51 a.m. July 31 in the 32000 block of 20th Lane Southwest, police were called after a man and woman were heard arguing, according to the police. The couple told police that nothing physical had taken place and they were arguing over the woman wanting more affection, according to the report.