- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Beggar with Russian accent hugs and robs woman at pub | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Beggar turned robber: At 8:28 p.m. July 26 at Lolli’s Broiler on 1st Avenue South, an unknown white female with a Russian accent panhandled a female victim for $1, then asked for directions, according to the police report. Once she was given directions, the woman suspect gave the victim “a hug” and when she pulled away, grabbed the victim’s purse and pulled it from her grasp and fled into a waiting vehicle, according to the report. Stolen was a Coach purse, $11 in cash and a cellphone.
• Three’s company: At 8:49 a.m. July 18 in the 2600 block of South 301st Street, a man contacted police to tell them that $2,300 in cash and $600 in jewelry was stolen from his house after he observed a drawer he had locked was forced open, according to police. The man believes it happened when he invited three females home with him from Cafe Arizona a couple of days earlier, according to the report.
• Bitten while shirtless: At 2:42 a.m. July 21 in the 32000 block of 18th Avenue Southwest, officers were dispatched to a female fighting with a male, who was observed shirtless, according to the police report. The male was contacted by police and stated that he was in a fight and was attacked by his drunk girlfriend and suffered bites to his body, the report said. The woman was arrested and booked into King County Jail.
• Stolen property: At 2:29 a.m. July 26 in the 31000 block of 42nd Place Southwest, a victim reported to police that two males used an unknown object to break the rear passenger window of their car to gain access to the vehicle, according to the police report. They stole a laptap, which was in plain sight in the backseat. A K-9 track turned out negative, according to the report.
• DUI: At 2:34 a.m. July 26 in the 33000 block of Pacific Highway South, a man was arrested for drunken driving and transported to the Federal Way Police Department. The man refused to take a blood-alcohol test.
• Inappropriate photos: At 2:27 a.m. July 26 in the 31000 block of 11th Place Southwest, a woman called police about a man threatening to post inappropriate photos of her on the Internet unless she provided him with money, according to the police report. Police later located inappropriate photos of her on Facebook.
• Stolen cards: At 1:52 p.m. July 26 in the 32000 block of Pacific Highway South, a man was seen by a bank employee attempting to use numerous credit cards at an ATM with numerous unsuccessful attempts to withdraw cash, according to the police report. The man was arrested for possession of stolen property and possession of synthetic drugs.
• Camping: At 4:08 p.m. July 22 in the 33000 block of 21st Avenue Southwest, a woman was camping at Dash Point State Park when someone broke into her vehicle and stole her purse, according to the police report. The suspects then used the woman’s credit card at numerous locations around Federal Way, according to the report.