Milk thief punches loss prevention officer | Federal Way crime blotter
July 22, 2011 · Updated 10:00 AM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Chocolate milk: At 12:14 p.m. July 11 in the 1900 block of S. Commons, a man concealed a bottle of chocolate milk underneath his jacket, according to a police report. When the man was confronted by a loss prevention officer from Target, he responded by punching him in the chest and telling him that he wasn’t stealing and that he just needed a “hand cart.” The man was arrested and also had several confirmed warrants for domestic violence out of Auburn.
• What really happened to your arm?: At 4:01 a.m. July 12 in the 1300 block of South 324th Street, a man told police that he was assaulted by a casino security officer at PJ Pockets, causing a fracture to his right arm, according to a police report. Video showed that no assault occurred and the man was arrested for making a false statement to police.
• Prowl: At 5:34 p.m. July 11 in the 33000 block of 13th Place South, a victim reported that an iPod was stolen from his vehicle, according to the police report. Access was gained through a broken passenger side window.
• Burglary: At 4:45 p.m. July 14 in the 1900 block of South 308th Street, a homeowner came home to find her residence burglarized. Suspects broke in from a broken window on the side of the house, according to a police report. There are no suspects.
• Broken window: At 9:12 p.m. July 14 in the 1400 block of Southwest 312th Street, a victim reported that a suspect had thrown a rock through the back window of the victim’s parked car, breaking the glass. The suspect fled on foot, according to the police report.
• Drugs: At 12:40 a.m. July 13 in the 33000 block of 23rd Avenue Southwest, while investigating a suspicious vehicle, a woman was found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia, including meth, ecstacy, heroin and imitation heroin, according to the police report. The woman reported that she was going to sell them.
• Stolen property: At 5:08 p.m. July 13 in the 2000 block of South Commons, a victim reported that two black males stole an iPhone and laptop valued at $2,900 from a business, according to the police report. The males then fled and got into a white vehicle driven by a black male, according to police.
• Stolen car: At 6:02 p.m. July 13 in the 2000 block of South 320th Street, a man reported to police that an unknown suspect had stolen his car from the Red Robin parking lot. The man’s wallet, which included his debit card and driver’s license, was in the vehicle. Police have no suspect.
• Stolen property: At 8:47 p.m. July 13 in the 32000 block of Military Road South, a property owner reported to police that a handgun, jewelry, camera and a gaming unit were stolen from his home, according to the police report. Entry was gained though a back window. The stolen property is valued at $2,200.
• Stolen phone: At 10:54 p.m. July 13 in the 2400 block of South 273rd Street, a man was delivering pizza and left his car unlocked in the parking lot and had his phone stolen from the passenger’s seat, according to police. A witness told police that he saw a gold or silver Chevy Tahoe leave the area.
• Armed robbery: At 3:27 a.m. July 12 in the 30000 block of 20th Avenue Southwest, two men claimed that an unknown black male entered their apartment with a silver handgun and stole $1,800 cash and $1,600 worth of jewelry, according to the report. The suspect fled the scene and police have no leads.