Woman stabs ex-husband | Federal Way crime blotter
July 18, 2011 · 6:25 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Stabbing: At 11:08 p.m. July 13 in the 33000 block of 36th Avenue Southwest, police were called by a woman who said that her ex-husband was at her house, stole her phone and prevented her from calling 911, according to the police report. The man ran from the house, but was located later. When the man was located, he claimed that he was stabbed by his ex-wife, according to the report. Upon further investigation, the man was in fact stabbed in his abdomen and the female admitted to doing it. The male was arrested on unrelated warrants and the female was booked on felony assault charges. Three children were placed in a friend’s house, according to police.
• Gun discharged: At 12:07 p.m. July 16 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, police were contacted by a woman after an unknown person discharged a firearm near her apartment. The bullet impacted and pierced her apartment’s balcony closet door and then fragmented into the drywall, according to the police report. Police have no suspects.
• Stolen belongings: At 1:42 p.m. July 15 in the 800 block of South 333rd Street, police were called after a man reported that his locker was broken into at the Federal Way Community Center, according to the police report. The man reported that his pants, cellphone, wallet and keys were stolen. The lock on his locker was also missing, according to the report.
• Burglary: At 4:51 p.m. July 15 in the 36000 block of 3rd Avenue South, a man reported that someone had broken into his residence and stole several thousands of dollars in electronics and jewelry, according to the police report.
• Burglary: At 6:04 p.m. July 15 in the 2400 block of South Star Lake Road, a resident reported that someone had forcibly entered their home and stole a 42-inch flat screen television and jewelry, among other things, according to the police report.
• Death: At 10:23 p.m. July 15 in the 35000 block of Enchanted Parkway, a man was found unresponsive in the locker room of LA Fitness. Medics were called, but they were unable to revive the victim, according to the police report. The victim was released to the King County Medical Examiner for investigation.
• Domestic violence: At 11:45 p.m. July 15 in the 31000 block of Gateway Center Boulevard, police were called after a woman reported that her boyfriend was drinking alcohol and started to strangle her. The woman attempted to call police, but the man pulled the phone out of the wall, according to the police report. The assault took place in front of the woman’s child, according to the report. The Washington State Patrol later found the man driving to Oregon and took custody of him. The man was returned to Federal Way and booked into the Fife jail for domestic violence.
• Broken window: At 9:02 a.m. July 14 in the 2100 block of South 320th Street, police were called after a man and woman were in a verbal dispute over getting food at Denny’s. The man then head-butted the window of a minivan, breaking it. The man suffered a cut on his head, according to the police report. The van belonged to the man, so no malicious mischief charges were filed. The man was taken to St. Francis Hospital for treatment. The couple were boyfriend and girlfriend and have two children in common.
• Graffiti: At 6:52 a.m. July 12 in the 1000 block of South 289th Street, a person reported that an unknown suspect used black and white spray paint to vandalize Nautilus Elementary. The writings were anti-government and anti-bullying, according to the police report. There are no suspects, but security cameras are being reviewed.