- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Woman adds another domestic violence pamphlet to her collection | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Domestic dispute: At 1:43 p.m. July 4 in the 29000 block of Military Road South, a woman called police regarding an argument she was having with her husband. When police arrived, the husband was gone and the woman said that she didn’t need them anymore. The woman claimed that she and her husband wrestled over keys, according to the police report. The woman was given a domestic violence pamphlet and she stated to police that she already had a bunch of them.
• Dispute: At 10:14 a.m. July 3 in the 2000 block of Star Lake Road, a couple was involved in a verbal dispute over the lack of communication in their relationship, according to the police report. The man requested a civil standby to acquire his personal belongings. Several items were damaged, but he was unable to identify the suspect, according to the report. Both parties were uncooperative during the process.
• Stolen property: At 7:27 p.m. July 4 in the 3000 block of Southwest 331st Street, a man had packed nearly all of his belongings into his suitcases to return to Guyana, according to the police report. The man then left his room at a church to have lunch with a friend. On his return, he saw one of the cleaning ladies walking on the church grounds with two small children, which the man thought was odd, according to the report. Upon return to his room, he noticed a new cellphone and five Casio watches were missing.
• Explosive devices: At 9:14 a.m. July 3 in the 3900 block of Dash Point Road, police were called about possible explosive devices located on the shoulder of the road. Police found three “sparkler bombs” within a 200-yard stretch of the road, according to the police report. The devices were rendered safe and were disposed. Police have no suspects.
• Assault: At 10:23 a.m. July 3 in the 100 block of Southwest 304th Street, a woman claimed that she was assaulted by her ex-boyfriend at both her residence and his, according to the police report. Several items were broken inside her residence and she believes her ex also broke the front window of her home, according to the report.
• Stolen phone: At 12:16 p.m. July 3 in the 400 block of Southwest 304th Street, a woman called police to report that her cellphone was stolen. The victim stated that she was drinking alcohol and had fallen asleep, according to the police report. When she awoke, the phone was gone. She believes the homeowner knows where the phone is, but the homeowner denied knowing where it was.
• Argument: At 12:38 p.m. July 3 in the 600 block of Southwest 327th Street, a man and his son were in a verbal argument over the son not doing his chores, according to the police report. There were no injuries and police left a domestic violence pamphlet.
• Argument: At 9:59 p.m. July 3 in the 32000 block of Military Road South, police were called because a father and son were in a verbal argument because the father told his son that his girlfriend had to leave, according to the police report. There were no injuries.
• Drinking: At 1:05 p.m. July 2 in the 800 block of SW 347th Place, police got a call from a man who said his wife was “going crazy” and throwing things, according to the report. She was upset about her husband’s ongoing drinking.