2 children found in road | Federal Way crime blotter
July 11, 2011 · 6:57 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Found kids: At 5:59 a.m. July 4 in the 1300 block of Southwest Campus Drive, a passer-by found two children in the middle of the road. After attempts to locate the kids’ residence for a half-hour, the father was met at the main office off the man’s townhouse, according to a report. The children were returned to the father and Child Protective Services was contacted.
• At the club: At 2:56 a.m. July 4 in the 31000 block of 3rd Place Southwest, a man and a woman got into an argument at a nightclub because the man was talking to another female in front of her, according to a police report. The man then left the woman at the club and went home to bed.
• No helmet: At 11:31 a.m. July 4 in the 31000 block of 23rd Avenue South, a man was contacted by police for riding his bike without a helmet. Upon further investigation, the man was found to have an outstanding warrant, according to the police report. When he was searched, the man had a baggie with meth and several pieces of copper and tools associated with stealing copper wire.
• Unattended children: At 5:46 p.m. July 4 in the 1200 block of South 320th Street, a mother left her 1- and 8-year-old kids in her vehicle while she was shopping in Safeway, according to a police report. Misdemeanor charges were forwarded to the King County Prosecutor’s office.
• Shots fired: At 11:25 p.m. July 4 in the 28000 block of Military Road South, a witness called police to report a vehicle with four Hispanic males causing a raucous, according to the report. One male in his 20s wearing jeans and a tanktop was seen with a long firearm and firing two rounds into the sky, according to the police report. Shotgun wads were found at the scene. There was no damage and no arrests.
• Burglary: At 9:12 p.m. July 5 in the 31000 block of 1st Avenue South, a resident reported that his apartment was broken into and $10,000 worth of electronics were stolen. Police have no suspects.
• Thrown bat: At 2:45 a.m. July 3 in the 600 block of Southwest Campus Drive, a woman reported that someone had thrown a baseball bat at her vehicle while she was driving. There was damage to the front of her vehicle, according to police. The area was checked by police with negative results.
• Hey you: At 3:17 a.m. July 3 in the 2000 block of South 320th Street, police were contacted by a woman after she was assaulted. The victim thought she saw her friend at the Cafe Arizona nightclub and called her a derogatory name. It turned out that it wasn’t her friend and the female and a friend found the victim later in the parking lot and assaulted her. The suspects were described as two heavy-set Hispanic females in their mid-20s, according to the police.
• Craigslist find: At 9:56 a.m. July 2 in the 2000 block of South Commons, a man called police to say that he found his stolen camera on craigslist.com and was meeting the suspect in Federal Way, according to the police report. When police arrived, the suspect had the camera and the serial number was verified. The suspect was arrested for possession of stolen property.