- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Sexual assault at knifepoint | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Sexual assault: At 2:40 a.m. July 2 in the 2200 block of South Star Lake Road, a woman reported that she was sexually assaulted after being held at knifepoint in a vehicle. After a short struggle, the suspect lost the knife and proceeded to punch the victim in the head, according to the report. The woman received two small cuts from the knife. The male suspect then ran away after being locked out of the car and the victim was able to call police. Police conducted a short K-9 track, but were unable to capture the suspect. Police, however, were able to recover the knife used in the attack.
• Threat: At 5:56 p.m. June 28 in the 1300 block of Southwest Campus Drive, a victim and suspect were involved in a violent argument in which the suspect threatened the victim with a knife. The victim then swung the knife toward the suspect in an attempt to stab him, scratching his arm, according to the report. There were minor children present. The suspect also unplugged the telephone in an attempt to prevent the victim from calling police. The suspect was arrested and booked for domestic violence.
• Domestic violence: At 5:14 p.m. June 29 in the 2400 block of South 273rd Street, a woman reported that she was punched in her stomach, stomped on and strangled by her boyfriend, according to the police report. The woman had visible injuries. The boyfriend was located in the victim’s apartment and arrested and booked into King County Jail for domestic violence in the second degree.
• Burglary: At 11:30 a.m. June 29 in the 1400 block of South 308th Street, two suspects entered a residence’s unlocked dining room and stole approximately $7,000 worth of property, the report said. The suspects were seen leaving the residence by neighbors. They stole electronics, jewelry, games and luggage, among other things.
• Another burglary: At 9:36 p.m. June 29 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, suspects entered a home through an unlocked sliding glass door and stole approximately $4,000 of electronics and other property, according to the report. Police have no suspects, but have two “persons of interest” in the case.
• Assault: At 4:27 p.m. June 30 in the 30000 block of 7th Avenue Southwest, a suspect assaulted a victim by kicking him in the face and chest, according to the report. The suspect then brandished a 6-inch butcher knife, threatening to stab the victim, according to the report. The suspect fled, but was later arrested.
• Stolen property: At 9:57 a.m. July 1 in the 100 block of South 312th Street, a daycare provider told police that sometime during the night, someone entered the fenced playground at the daycare and stole kids’ footballs and dodgeballs.
• BPA Trail: At 9:40 p.m. July 2 in the 35000 block of 15th Avenue SW, a man reported that he was attacked by three unknown males on the BPA Trail. The suspects took the victim’s wallet and cellphone.