- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Debates announced for Federal Way candidates | Election 2011
The Federal Way Mirror and Federal Way Chamber of Commerce will host debates for candidates in the August primary election and November general election.
The primary debate is scheduled for 6 to 8 p.m. July 13 at Federal Way High School, 30611 16th Ave. The debate will feature candidates for Federal Way School Board position 3 (Danny Peterson, Liz Drake and Carrie BeSerra) and candidates for Federal Way City Council position 3 (Mark Koppang, Roger Flygare, Susan Honda and Scott Sparling).
General election debates for three city council races are scheduled for 6 p.m. Oct. 5 at Federal Way High School. Debates for school board, Lakehaven and South King fire commissioners will run 5 to 8 p.m. Oct. 12 at the school.
The 2011 primary election is slated for Aug. 16, and the 2011 general election is Nov. 8. To learn more about the debates, email email@example.com.
Below is the list of candidates seeking public office in Federal Way.
Federal Way City Council
• Position 1: Jim Ferrell (incumbent, unopposed).
• Position 3: Roger Flygare, Susan Honda, Scott Sparling and Mark Koppang. These four candidates will face off in the August primary for this council seat vacated by Mike Park. A debate will be held 6 to 8 p.m. July 13 at Federal Way High School.
• Position 5: Jack Dovey (incumbent) and Bob Celski.
• Position 7: Dini Duclos (incumbent) and Keith Tyler.
Federal Way School Board
• Position 2: Gail Crabtree and Claire Wilson. This position is being vacated by current board member Suzanne Smith.
• Position 3: Carrie BeSerra, Danny Peterson and Liz Drake. These three candidates will face off in the August primary in a board position vacated by Amye Bronson-Doherty. A debate will be held 6 to 8 p.m. July 13 at Federal Way High School.
• Position 5: Tony Moore (incumbent, unopposed).
South King Fire and Rescue board of commissioners
• Position 4: Mark Thompson (incumbent) and Timolin Abrom.
• Position 5: James Fossos (incumbent) and Jerry Galland.
Lakehaven Utility District board of commissioners
• Position 1: Len Englund (incumbent, unopposed).
• Position 4: Timothy McClain (incumbent) and Louise Wessel.
Learn more: Election 2011
• Follow the candidates' donations and campaign financial information at the Public Disclosure Commission website.
• To learn more about the 2011 elections, visit the King County Elections website at www.kingcounty.gov/elections.aspx.