- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Husband beats wife's lover with guitar | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Guitar beating: At 8:56 a.m. June 17 in the 28000 block of 23rd Avenue South, police were called after a woman’s estranged husband returned to his former residence and found his wife having “relations” with another man. The husband then attacked the other man, striking him with his hands, feet and then a guitar, according to a report. He then choked the man to near unconsciousness while stating to a witness that he would kill him, according to the report.
• Pistol whipped: Around 2 a.m. June 18 in the 2100 block of Southwest 356th Street, police responded to a large fight. But when they arrived, all the subjects were gone, according to a police report. Approximately seven hours later, police were dispatched to St. Francis Hospital to contact a victim from the fight. The victim said that he confronted a male at a gas station, according to the report. The unknown male then allegedly fired a gun into the ground, then pistol-whipped the man and punched him. The victim did not know the man and provided no description to police, according to the report.
• Burglary: At 12:06 p.m. June 17 in the 33000 block of 30th Avenue Southwest, a person reported that an unknown person entered his vehicle while it was parked outside of his home. The suspect pried open the driver’s side window and disconnected the alarm by opening the car’s hood, according to a police report. Stolen items included a GPS, iPod and the faceplate of a stereo, according to the report. Police have no leads.
• Broken window: At 12:13 p.m. June 17 in the 32000 block of 11th Avenue South, an unknown suspect broke the left front window of a car and removed a cell phone charger. The damage to the window was $200, according to a report. Police have no suspects.
• Domestic violence: At 4:42 p.m. June 18 in the 31000 block of 50th Lane Southwest, a man assaulted a woman, then allegedly pushed the woman’s 2-year-old grandson, who was attempting to protect his grandmother, according to the police report. The man was gone when police arrived. The woman suffered bruises and scratches, and there was broken drywall at the residence. There were also other minor children present during the assault, according to the report.
• Attempted robbery: At 4:21 p.m. June 18 in the 2400 block of Southwest 331st Street, police were called after a man stated that he saw an unknown white male take a parcel from his neighbor’s front porch. After confronting the suspect, the man dropped the package and ran to a waiting black Jeep Cherokee, which drove away. The neighbor took custody of the package until the neighbor came home, according to a report.
• Attempted drowning: At 4:34 a.m. June 18 in the 30000 block of Pacific Highway South, a woman told police that the father of her child locked her in a bathroom and assaulted her and attempted to drown her, according to a police report. The man also stated that he was going to kill her, according to a report. The man was gone when police arrived and was not located.