Student kicked out of her home | Federal Way crime blotter
June 16, 2011 · Updated 8:00 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Domestic dispute: At 7:59 a.m. June 7 at Decatur High School, police were contacted by school staff regarding an incident that happened to a student. The girl reported to school officials that her mother and stepfather kicked her out of their house after a verbal dispute and threw all her belongings into the front yard, according to the report. Police contacted the stepfather, who said that legal custody of the girl was changed to her biological father. He also said that all of her belongings were boxed up and inside the house.
• Burglary: At 1:10 a.m. June 6 in the 1000 block of South 344th Street, a person called 911 after the person’s vehicle window was broken. The person also found damage to the dash, and the stereo was missing, according to the report. Police have no suspects.
• Woman dragged from car: At 6:26 p.m. June 7 in the 33000 block of Pacific Highway South, police were called to a scene over a dispute between a woman and man. According to the police report, the woman had a no-contact order in place against the man. While stopped at a light while driving her vehicle, the woman noticed the man outside of her vehicle. The man then got into the car and the woman attempted to get out, according to the police report. The man then drove away with their child in the vehicle, dragging the woman, according to the report. The man was arrested for assault.
• No-contact order: At 5:32 p.m. June 7 in the 34000 block of 9th Avenue South, a woman reported that her ex-boyfriend had violated a no-contact order she had against him by visiting her in the hospital. The woman told police that while at the hospital, he stole her car and advised her that she was never going to see him or the vehicle again, according to the police report. Police eventually found the man driving the stolen car and booked him into King County Jail without incident for theft.
• Theft: At 6:02 p.m. June 7 at The Commons Mall, two juveniles stole a pair of glasses valued at $4.50 from Claire’s. Both of the juveniles apologized for the theft and were released to their parents. The juveniles were also trespassed from the mall for one year.
• Stolen beer: At 12:06 p.m. June 7 in the 34000 block of 16th Avenue South, a man allegedly stole three six-packs of beer and a $30 watch from Wal-Mart and exited the store without paying. Security stopped the man and he was arrested.
• Turn down the TV: At 5:30 a.m. June 7 in the 32000 block of 19th Lane Southwest, a neighbor heard a woman yelling for help and called police. The woman stated to police that a man in her apartment wouldn’t turn down his television while she was trying to sleeep, according to the report. According to the man and woman, there was no assault.
• Rock through window: At 11:33 p.m. June 8 in the 2400 block of Star Lake Road, police were contacted by two witnesses who saw a man throw a large rock at the windshield of a car. Neither of the witnesses knew why he did, according to the police report. The suspect was contacted by police, who said he didn’t have any idea what they were talking about. Police were unable to locate he suspect.
• Fight: At 6:16 p.m. June 8 in the 34000 block of 30th Avenue Southwest, police responded to a fight in progress. When they arrived, numerous teams ran from the area and the witnesses police contacted saw “nothing,” according to the police report. Police found no crime had occurred.
• Burglary: At 6 p.m. June 8 in the 28000 block of 25th Place South, police were contacted by a woman who came home to find her apartment door had been kicked in. The woman found that the only things missing were her ex-boyfriend’s clothes, according to the police report. The man had moved out days before the door was kicked in, after the two got into a fight and the man assaulted the woman, according to the report. Police found no physical evidence connecting the ex-boyfriend to the burglary.
• Found gun: At 11:53 a.m. June 8 in the 33000 block of 8th Avenue South, a woman came into the police station to report that she found her deceased son’s pellet gun in a box and did not want it around the house, according to the police report. She requested that the gun be destroyed.
• Stolen heaters: At 12:43 a.m. June 8 in the 1700 block of South 356th Street, a man stole several packs of cigarettes from a business and fled the store. A police K-9 officer tracked the man and he was located and positively identified by the store clerk, according to the police report. The man was arrested for robbery.
• Threat: At 10:30 a.m. June 9 on South 338th Place, a mother and a daughter got into a verbal argument with another woman, who threatened them with a knife, according to the police report. The woman was arrested for malicious mischief and domestic assault.