- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Federal Way candidates for 2011 elections | Stay tuned for debates
Here is the final list of candidates seeking public office in Federal Way.
Federal Way City Council
• Position 1: Jim Ferrell (incumbent, unopposed).
• Position 3: Roger Flygare, Susan Honda, Scott Sparling and Mark Koppang. These four candidates will face off in the August primary for this council seat vacated by Mike Park. A debate will be held in July (date to be announced).
• Position 5: Jack Dovey (incumbent) and Bob Celski.
• Position 7: Dini Duclos (incumbent) and Keith Tyler.
Federal Way School Board
• Position 2: Gail Crabtree and Claire Wilson. This position is being vacated by current board member Suzanne Smith.
• Position 3: Carrie BeSerra, Danny Peterson and Liz Drake. These three candidates will face off in the August primary in a board position vacated by Amye Bronson-Doherty. A debate will be held in July (date to be announced).
• Position 5: Tony Moore (incumbent, unopposed).
South King Fire and Rescue board of commissioners
• Position 4: Mark Thompson (incumbent) and Timolin Abrom.
• Position 5: James Fossos (incumbent) and Jerry Galland.
Lakehaven Utility District board of commissioners
• Position 1: Len Englund (incumbent, unopposed).
• Position 4: Timothy McClain (incumbent) and Louise Wessel.
Learn more: Election 2011
• Filing week for the 2011 elections officially ended June 10. The 2011 primary election is slated for Aug. 16, and the 2011 general election is Nov. 8.
• The Mirror and Federal Way Chamber will host candidate debates for both elections (time and date to be announced). Positions with more than two candidates will go through the primary election first.
• Follow the candidates' donations and campaign financial information at the Public Disclosure Commission website.
• To learn more about the 2011 elections, visit the King County Elections website at www.kingcounty.gov/elections.aspx.