- About Us
Woman reports home invasion robbery | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Home invasion: At 3:55 a.m. June 3 in the 1900 block of South 289th Street, a victim reported that her home was robbed by two masked males during the night. The woman stated that two black men entered the home with guns and demanded money, according to the report. The two men left after taking a small amount of money.
• Egg incident: At 12:32 a.m. June 5 in the 900 block of South 293rd Street, police were called on the report of a dispute between several males. The dispute started when five suspects allegedly egged a man’s house. The egging victim and two others chased the five suspects in separate vehicles until the two cars collided, according to the police report. The alleged eggers car then backed up and left the roadway before colliding with a fence. No injuries were reported.
• Cut off: At 10:09 p.m. June 2 in the 28000 block of Military Road South, police were called after three people were cut off from drinking alchohol at a bar and told to leave the business, according to a report. The parties were angry and one of the men kicked the bottom of the glass door as he was leaving, causing a 2-foot crack across the bottom of the door. The man was charged with malicious mischief.
• Firearm: At 11:28 a.m. June 2 at Todd Beamer High School, police were called because a male student was found to be in possession of a firearm in his vehicle at school, according to the police report.
• Burglary: At 11:58 a.m. June 2 in the 30000 block of 32nd Avenue Southwest, police were called after an unknown suspect broke into a man’s residence during the night when his wife and daughter were asleep and stole two laptop computers and left without being seen, according to the report. Police have no leads on the suspect.
• Drunken driving: At 1:22 a.m. June 2 in the 2600 block of South 288th Street, police stopped a vehicle and the driver fled on foot. After a chase, he was detained and placed under arrest for drunken driving and resisting arrest, according to a police report. A passenger in the man’s car was also arrested for other charges.
• Assault: At 10:17 p.m. June 3 in the 29000 block of 18th Avenue South, police were called after a man attempted to stop a woman’s car several times while both were driving. The woman eventually pulled into a gravel lot where the suspect broke her driver’s side window, pulled her out of her vehicle by her hair, punched her approximately 10 times in the head, face and chest, then stole her purse, according to the police report. The man was arrested on several charges, including robbery, assault and malicious mischief.
• Fake name: At 5:40 p.m. June 3 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, police stopped a man for playing his music at a loud volume in his vehicle. The man intentionally gave police a fake name and his dishonesty was discovered when he spelled his “last” name differently on two occasions, according to a police report. The man was arrested on several outstanding warrants.