- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Man walks away from suicide leap | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Suicide attempt: At 5:24 p.m. May 27 in the 100 block of South 332nd Place, a woman called police to tell them that she and her boyfriend were involved in a domestic dispute. The woman said she broke up with the man, who then told her that he was suicidal. The man then jumped off the second-floor balcony of the woman’s apartment in an attempt to kill himself, according to the report. The man landed face first but was able to walk away. A police search of the area for the man came up empty.
• Stolen property: At 7:50 p.m. May 23 in the 32000 block of 2nd Place Southwest, police received a report that over the last several months, a juvenile boy has taken numerous items of jewelry and electronics from his mother and stepfather and pawned them, according to a police report. The mother and stepfather finally agreed to press charges against the suspect, who admitted to stealing items from them.
• Burglary: At 9:24 p.m. May 23 in the 30000 block of 10th Avenue Southwest, police received a report that the front door to a residence was forced open and that nearly $40,000 of jewelry was taken, according to the police report. Included in the stolen property was a $6,000 Rolex watch.
• Flying laptop: At 11:34 a.m. May 24 in the 33000 block of Pacific Highway South, a woman called police after she placed her brand new laptop on the roof of her car and drove away from a business. At an intersection, another motorist notified the woman that the laptop had flown off the roof. The woman returned to the location, but did not find the laptop.
• Child luring: At 3 p.m. May 24 in the 3900 block of Southwest 324th Street, a 15-year-old female was walking home from school when an unknown Hispanic male approached her and grabbed her by the arm and told her in Spanish, “Hey, come, come,” according to the police report. The girl pulled away and continued walking. The suspect, described as in his late 20s, standing 5-foot-6 with a medium build, did not follow her. Police were unable to locate the suspect.
• Just say no: At 7:11 a.m. May 25 in the 31000 block of 23rd Avenue South, police stopped a 16-year-old girl for smoking at the transit center. According to the police report, the girl had been warned numerous times about smoking at the center. She was detained when she became disorderly and refused to stay and talk to police. She was asked to leave the transit center for the day, according to the report.
• Harassment: At 11:08 p.m. May 27 in the 1600 block of South 308th Street, three victims reported that unknown suspects started harassing them and broke a window on their vehicle, according to the police report. The suspects left prior to the police arriving and were not located. One suspect allegedly said, “If you call the cops, I will shoot you,” while reaching into his jacket.
• Guns found: At 8:30 a.m. May 25 at an apartment complex in the 2000 block of Southwest 352nd Street, an employee found several handguns in the laundry room during her shift. There were also additional rifles hidden behind washing machines. The guns were taken into police custody after the owner was not located.