Man arrested after punching and biting wife | Federal Way crime blotter
May 27, 2011 · Updated 7:08 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Domestic assault in front of children: At 5:07 p.m. May 20 in the 34000 block of 21st Avenue South, a man was arrested for assaulting his wife by throwing her to the ground, punching and biting her, according to the police report. The woman had visible injuries and complained of pain. The man also damaged part of the residence, according to the report. The assault reportedly occurred in front of minor children.
• Fraud: At 9:05 p.m. May 22 at the Wal-Mart on 16th Avenue South, two men were arrested for fraud after they entered the store with a boxed vacuum. The two men put the vacuum on the shelf and retrieved another item and returned that instead of the vacuum, according to the police report.
• Stolen diapers: At 11:18 p.m. May 22 at the Safeway on 320th Street, an employee reported that a suspect stole $288.94 worth of diapers. Tapes showed the suspect got into a gray four-door car, according to a police report.
• Eggs: At 8:36 a.m. May 22 in the 30000 block of 4th Avenue South, a victim reported that eggs were thrown against his residence and also the driver’s side window was smashed, causing $200 damage, according to the police report. Police have no suspects.
• Reckless and drunken driving: At 2:05 a.m. May 22 in the 35000 block of Pacific Highway South, a man was observed driving recklessly and running a red light. According to the police report, the man had a blood-alcohol level of .119.
• Theft: At 6:15 a.m. May 20 in the 900 block of South 348th Street, a man reported that while his vehicle was parked during the night, a suspect used an unknown device to remove the catalytic converter from his car, causing $750 in damage. Police have no suspects.
• Unknown intruder: At 4 p.m. May 20 in the 400 block of Southwest 368th Street, a woman reported that she walked out of the back door of her house to walk the dog and saw an unknown man standing in the side yard, according to the police report. The woman was scared and ran away and called 911. The suspect appeared to leave the area, and it’s unknown if he was casing the house to burglarize it. Police cleared the house and nothing was reported missing, according to the report.
• Stolen laptop: At 8:21 a.m. May 20 at Decatur High School, the school reported that a district-owned laptop was stolen from a classroom.
• Stolen: At 7:44 a.m. May 20 in the 2300 block of Southwest 334th Place, a woman reported that someone broke into the trunk of her car and stole $1,000 worth of tools, a car jack, rims and a speaker system, according to the police report.