- About Us
Drunk friend inspires 911 call | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Friends don’t let friends drive drunk: At 4:38 a.m. May 13 in the 2800 block of South 288th Street, police responded to the scene of a 911 hang-up. Upon arrival, they located a suspect driving and later arrested the man for driving under the influence. The 911 call came after one of the suspect’s friends broke the window in the car in an attempt to stop him from driving drunk, according to the police report.
• Too much to drink: At 1:17 a.m. May 15 in the 32000 block of 19th Place South, a neighbor called 911 after hearing a person on the balcony asking for help because he had too much to drink and needed medical attention, according to the police report. When an officer arrived, he was given permission to kick in the door of the man’s apartment, causing damage to the door. The man was administered medical attention.
• Wrecked car: At 1:28 a.m. May 15 in the 1800 block of South 281st Place, a witness called police to say that two males were driving a vehicle at a high rate of speed. The men were then seen running out of the vehicle and throwing what appeared to be keys into the bushes and leaving the scene, according to the police report. When police investigated the vehicle, they found recent damage to the bumper, quarter panel and windshield.
• Fight: At 1:53 a.m. May 15 at a restaurant in the 2000 block of Southwest Campus Drive, police were called after four to eight Samoan males came into the business and rushed, punched and tried to kick and stomp a male victim, according to a police report. Security on the scene were able to separate the victim from the suspects. The victim was planning on seeing a doctor because he believed he had broken ribs. Police were unable to locate the suspects.
• Burglary: At 1:16 p.m. May 15 at Wal-mart in the 1900 block of South 314th Street, a victim reported that while he was in the store, his locked vehicle was unlocked and a bag of medication and a Kindle were taken. There were no suspects or witnesses.
• Stolen credit card: At 1:05 p.m. May 15 at the Target in The Commons Mall, police were called after a man was found to be in possession of a stolen credit card. The man tried to purchase $197.09 worth of merchandise, according to the report.
• Thieves: At 12:43 p.m. May 15 at the Sears store in The Commons Mall, two women were arrested for stealing $119.96 of merchandise.
• Argument: At 2:05 p.m. May 15 at an adult family home in the 2500 block of Southwest 323rd Street, police were dispatched after two residents were arguing. Both of the residents had mental problems and had gotten into the argument simply because they were getting on each other’s nerves, according to the report. The care provider told police that she didn’t know one of the people had called 911 because arguments between residents is not uncommon and is usually handled by her, according to the police report. Both parties calmed down and agreed to stay away from each other.
• Dispute: At 3:38 p.m. May 15 in the 300 block of South 325th Lane, a mother and son were in a verbal dispute over the son staying out all night. The mother allegedly locked him out of the house, according to the police report. The son also punched a hole in the door, but the mom refused to file charges.
• Burglary: At 4:57 p.m. May 15 in the 2400 block of Southwest 316th Street, a victim called police after his home was burglarized while he was out for two hours. The man reported that $7,800, including a $2,500 computer, were taken. Police have no suspects.
• Dispute: At 6:09 p.m. May 15 in the 2100 block of Southwest 352nd Street, police were called to the scene of a domestic dispute between a man and a woman. The woman accused the man of cheating on her and the man claimed the woman wasn’t taking her bipolar medication, according to the police report.
• Malicious mischief: At 3:57 a.m. May 14 in the 700 block of South 313th Street, a man called police after he heard a noise outside and when he looked, he recognized a suspect slashing a tire on his car. The suspect was contacted and denied slashing the tire, according to the police report. The case was forwarded to the prosecutor’s office.
• Domestic: At 7:28 p.m. May 13 in the 1700 block of Southwest 309th Street, a mother and daughter got into an argument about the daughter wanting to go to a party and the mom not allowing it, according to the police report. The daughter also started throwing dishes on the floor and was gone when police arrived. There were no injuries reported.