Suspect attacks brother with truck | Federal Way crime blotter
May 17, 2011 · 9:31 AM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Not brotherly love: At 2:17 a.m. May 14 in the 3100 block of Southwest 329th Court, police were called after a suspect allegedly tried to hit his brother with his truck while he was walking down the street, according to the police report. The suspect missed and struck a fence and was arrested for attempted assault. The victim was also arrested on an unrelated warrant.
• Found child: At 1:35 a.m. May 14 in the 2400 block of South 273rd Street, police were called to the report of a found child who was located on the stairs near a building, according to the police report. The child was wearing a T-shirt and a diaper and was cold to the touch and crying hysterically for her mommy. The child’s parents were not located. Child Protective Services was notified and came to the Federal Way Police Department to take custody of the child, according to the report.
• Choking: At 5 p.m. May 9 in the 3700 block of Southwest 338th Place, police were called after a woman attacked a family member, who punched and choked the victim with a belt. The two women are related by marriage, according to the police report. The suspect fled after the assault.
• DUI: At 10:48 a.m. May 9 in the 34000 block of Enchanted Parkway South, police were called after a suspect pulled behind a disabled vehicle and passed out behind the wheel of his truck. Police contacted the man and arrested him for driving under the influence, according to a police report.
• Unwanted guest: At 10:34 a.m. May 10 in the 28000 block of Pacific Highway South, police were contacted after a woman reported that a neighbor came into her apartment the night before around 2 a.m. The woman left her back door unlocked and that’s how the man entered, according to a police report. The man was drinking beer and she said he told her that he wished he was single and told her she was beautiful. The woman is friends with the man’s wife and she felt uncomfortable, according to the police report. The woman told the man to leave.
• Craigslist crime: At 8:45 p.m. May 11 in the 1200 block of South 320th Street, an unknown black male met a victim at Safeway to sell him an iPhone 4 that he listed on Craigslist. After getting the phone, the suspect took off running. The victim began chasing him, but stopped after the suspect began yelling at him, according to the police report. The suspect is described as 6-feet-2-inches tall with a thin build, wearing a red hoodie.
• Assault: At 4:14 p.m. May 11 in the 3000 block of 7th Court Southwest, police were called after a victim stated that her father threw her to the floor and stomped on her right side. The victim allegedly suffered a fractured rib, lacerations to her liver and kidney, and had blood on her abdomen, according to the police report. The father was arrested and booked in jail for assault.
• Marijuana: At 10:55 a.m. May 11 at Thomas Jefferson High School, police were called after school administrators located several individual bags of marijuana in a suspect’s vehicle. The suspect was booked into the King County Juvenile Detention Center.
• Not the best family reunion: At 7:21 p.m. May 12 in the 2400 block of South Star Lake Road, an intoxicated man was arrested for assaulting his 15-year-old cousin while at a family gathering. The man was arrested for fourth-degree assault domestic violence and booked into the Fife jail.
• Drunken driving: At 11:09 p.m. May 13 at the intersection of Pacific Highway South and 18th Avenue South, police attempted to stop a man before he fled. While driving, the man allegedly threw beer and other alcoholic containers out of his vehicle prior to stopping. During his run, he ran stop signs and drove over the center line, according to the police report. The man was arrested for reckless driving, DUI and driving without a license. He was booked into the Fife jail.