- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Lakota PTA hosts Internet safety seminar May 23
Lakota Middle School and its PTA will be holding an “Internet Safety Night” on May 23 at the school, 1415 S.W. 314th St. The event starts at 6:30 p.m., and is being held in the commons area of the school. All community members are welcome.
The Federal Way Police Department will have two speakers to address issues related to children and the Internet. The speakers will touch on topics including:
• The importance of learning about the sites and applications children use
• What to do if a child is the victim of online bullying
• Social networking sites and how to help children use them wisely
• Objectionable content, how to block it, and what to do if children view it
• Online gaming
• Protecting children against online predators
Lakota PTA President Tina Garcia said this is a useful workshop for parents for a variety of reasons.
“We want parents to come to this because our kids right now are the first full Internet generation,” she said. “There’s so much information on the net that it can be overwhelming. Part of this night is just sharing information, giving parents tips and ideas on ways they can help their children access information on the Internet safely.”
A Spanish language interpreter will be available. Call (206) 226-9848 or email email@example.com.