- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Noisy cat sparks domestic dispute | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Shut that cat up: At 4:12 a.m. April 27 in the 2400 block of South Star Lake Road, police were called to the scene of a domestic dispute. Police spoke with the man and woman who stated it was a verbal dispute only. The man was upset because of the lack of sleep he was getting due to a cat meowing all night, the report said.
• Quiet please: At 5:59 p.m. April 27 at the Century Theaters at The Commons Mall, police were called after a man watching a “Madea” movie complained that a person kept talking and causing a disturbance. After asking the man to be quiet, the other man became irate and started shouting at the other man, according to the police report. There were no injuries and the complainant decided to get a refund and leave the theater.
• Sewer-bound: At 1:57 p.m. April 27 at the Sears inside The Commons Mall, police were notified that two females were in custody after attempting to steal a $49 pair of earrings. According to the police report, the women stole the earrings and went into a bathroom at the store. A male friend of theirs called and alerted the girls that there was a Sears security officer waiting for them outside the bathroom. The girls then flushed the earrings down the toilet, according to the report. The two were detained and admitted to trying to steal the earrings and flushing them down the toilet.
• Diaper bandit: At 4:25 p.m. April 28 in the 1200 block of South 320th Street, police were called after a man stole two boxes of diapers valued at $59.98.
• Assault: At 10:58 a.m. April 28 at Todd Beamer High School, police were called after a school officer observed a large group of students watching two juvenile boys fighting. One of the boys was seen laying on top of the victim and punching him in the face, according to the report. The boy was booked into the King County Juvenile Detention Center on a charge of assault in the fourth degree.
• Teacher pushed: At 10:34 a.m. April 28 at Todd Beamer High School, police were called after a teacher told several students that they were not going to leave until the bell sounded. According to the police report, one student said, “Oh yeah,” and grabbed the woman teacher’s arm lightly and pushed her out of the way. The teacher was not injured and didn’t want to press charges. The student was expelled from school, according to the report.
• Bathroom fire: At 8:56 a.m. April 28 at Federal Way High School, police were called after a student ignited a match and threw it in a trash can, which caused a minor fire, while joking around with his friends in a bathroom. The suspect put out the fire and there was no damage.
• Beer through glass: At 4:52 p.m. April 29 in the 31000 block of Pacific Highway South, police were called after a suspect threw a beer bottle through a glass refrigerator at a business. The man caused $1,000 damage and was found at a neighboring property and arrested.
• At least he will smell good: At 6:32 p.m. April 30 in the 31000 block of 20th Avenue South, police were called after a man stole $54.79 worth of personal hygiene equipment. The man stole deodorant, Airwick fragrance, Listerine and bleach, according to a police report.