Man rips sink off bathroom wall at hospital | Federal Way crime blotter

Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:

• Poor sink: At 6:42 a.m. April 23 at St. Francis Hospital, police responded after a woman heard a loud noise and crash coming from the men’s bathroom at the hospital. According to the police report, the suspect was having a psychotic episode and did not realize that he ripped a sink off the wall. The hospital did not want to press charges.

• Door shot: At 10:27 p.m. April 23 in the 4200 block of Southwest 320th Street, a victim reported to police that while driving on 320th Street, he heard a loud noise. When he stopped, he found paint chipped from his driver’s side door. Police figure his door was shot by a BB gun or slingshot, according to the report.

• Another door shot: At 8:05 a.m. April 23 in the 4200 block of Southwest 320th Street, a victim reported that while driving on 320th Street the night before, a loud noise was heard. Upon waking up in the morning, the victim reported that he found that somebody had shot the driver’s side door with a pellet or BB gun, according to the police report. Police have no suspects.

• An NFL draft pick?: At 8:50 p.m. April 23 in the 900 block of Southwest Campus Drive, a witness called police to report an unknown male broke into his neighbor’s apartment. According to the police report, the suspect fled with an XBox as the witness followed. The witness eventually tackled the suspect and retrieved the XBox. The suspect fled on foot.

• Who’s Sergio?: At 12:53 p.m. April 23 in the 2100 block of Southwest 334th Place, police were contacted and advised that a 5-foot-5-inch Hispanic male with a thin build who goes by the name “Sergio” had assaulted a victim with a baseball bat, according to a report. Neither the victim nor witness stated why “Sergio” had used the bat. The victim was transported to St. Francis Hospital and police were unable to locate “Sergio.”

• Cat cut in half: At 4:51 p.m. April 24 in the 32000 block of 39th Place Southwest, a resident reported finding a cat that had been cleanly cut in half, according to the police report. The front portion of the cat had been severed just behind the front legs and the back portion was not found. There was no apparent trauma to the head, according to the report.

• Sleeping beauty: At 2:10 a.m. April 25 at The Commons Mall, a suspect was found sleeping in an electrical room at the mall. The man had previously been issued a trespassing notice barring him from the mall. He was arrested on a misdemeanor warrant and booked into the Fife jail.

• Grandson scam: At 9:33 a.m. April 26 in the 300 block of South 361st Place, a woman called police to report that an unknown male called her and identified himself as her grandson and told her he was in jail in Dallas and needed her to send money. The woman requested the last name of the caller; the man got angry and hung up, according to police. The woman’s grandson was in Federal Way.

• Death threats: At 3:42 p.m. April 26 in the 800 block of S. 333rd St., police were contacted after an employee of a business was speaking to a woman about a past due bill. According to the police report, a misunderstanding led to an argument and the woman said she was going to kill the employees, but gave no specifics about the threat. Police spoke to the woman who issued the threats; she assured that they wouldn’t be carried out and were made in frustration.


We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Oct 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates