Samurai sword scares off suspects | Federal Way crime blotter
April 18, 2011 · 6:34 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• The last samurai?: At 11:20 p.m. April 12 in the 27000 block of Pacific Highway South, a victim reported that two unknown suspects entered his apartment and tried to “fight him.” According to the police report, the victim chased off the suspects with a samurai sword. According to the victim, one of the suspects displayed a gun.
• Rape: At 2:11 a.m. April 11 in the 1900 block of S. Commons, a woman reported to police that she had been raped by an unknown man. The victim stated to police that she had met her mom at The Commons. While exiting the mall, the woman reported that she was grabbed by an unknown male, who forced her into the back of a vehicle and raped her, according to a report. The woman stated she didn’t know where the man went. There was no further information.
• No cash for gas: At 6:54 a.m. April 9 in the 31500 block of 53rd Avenue Southwest, a woman reported that her boyfriend kicked her out of his house. She said the two pushed each other, but there were no injuries. She said her boyfriend agreed to drive her to her home in Puyallup. But, after stopping at a gas station, the man left the woman and drove away after she refused to give him money for gas, according to the report.
• Gun shot: At 9:30 p.m. April 10 in the 2200 South Star Lake Road, a man reported to police that he had a gunshot wound to his foot. The man stated that he was shot while an unknown suspect tried to rob him, according to a police report. Later it was determined that the suspect shot himself. There was no more information.
• Stolen car: At 2:47 a.m. April 8 in the 31000 block of 3rd Place Southwest, a suspect was seen walking around the parking lot of a business trying different car handles. When an officer located a vehicle driving out of the parking lot with no lights on, the driver matched the description and the vehicle was later determined to be stolen, according to a report. The suspect was booked.
• Stolen: At 3:27 p.m. April 9 in the 1900 block of S. 314th Street, a woman was arrested for stealing $26.97 of merchandise from Top Foods. She concealed the merchandise, according to the report.
• Rental car conflict: At 11:07 a.m. April 9 in the 33400 block of Pacific Highway South, an employee at a rental car company reported that a woman came into the business to pay an outstanding balance on a rental car. An argument started and the worker was assaulted by the woman, according to a police report. The victim declined aid at the scene.
• Sex argument: At 4:01 p.m. April 11 in the 1900 block of SW Campus Drive, a woman reported that she was in an argument with her husband regarding sex. She reported that her husband punched a hole in the bathroom door, pushed her down on the floor and punched her in the face, according to the report. After the argument, the man reportedly damaged her laptop by throwing it to the floor. The man was booked into jail.
• Expelled: At 8:56 a.m. April 11 at Decatur High School, an administrator called police to report that a student was sent to the office because he smelled of marijuana. During a subsequent check of the student’s backpack, a folding 3-inch knife, a glass pipe and a disposable lighter were found. The student was immediately expelled from school because of the knife.
• Stolen emblem: At 8:27 a.m. April 11 in the 31000 block of 4th Avenue South, a witness reported that he saw a juvenile acting suspiciously behind his neighbor’s vehicle. After the suspect left on his school bus, the man went outside and saw that his neighbor’s BMW emblem was gone.