- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Police respond to call about baby | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Deceased infant: At 5:44 p.m. March 6 at an undisclosed location, police responded to a call about an infant who was not breathing. The infant died.
• Touching: At 8:45 p.m. March 5 at an undisclosed location along Pacific Highway South, a father reported his 5-year-old daughter was touched sexually by an unknown 6-year-old boy.
• Fire assist: At 8:04 p.m. March 5 in the 35400 block of 23rd Avenue Southwest, police responded to a fire. A 1-year-old boy was burned.
• Fraud: At 4:24 p.m. March 5 in the 32100 block of 18th Avenue Southwest, a victim reported unknown subjects used one of her checks to defraud her of $1,964. A second victim’s name was used on the check.
• Suspicious person: At 1:47 a.m. March 5 in the 28400 block of 29th Place South, a complainant reported a man with a gun was yelling and pacing in the complainant’s front yard. The complainant heard a gunshot after the subject walked away.
• Recovered: At 10:20 p.m. March 6 in the 33200 block of 11th Avenue Southwest, police recovered a stolen 1999 Honda.
• Damaged merchandise: At 1:05 p.m. March 6 at 1701 S. Commons, a suspect damaged Sears property. When he was stopped for the crime, he admitted to being a heroin addict and planning to steal damaged wire cutters so he could use them to steal items elsewhere.
• Rape: At 12:19 a.m. March 6 in the 33200 block of Pacific Highway South, a rape was reported.
• Sticky situation: At 3:51 p.m. March 6 in the 31500 block of 23rd Avenue South, a victim reported that an unknown suspect put glue in his or her door lock. The lock cost $200 to replace.
• Theft: At 11:14 a.m. March 6 at 701 S. 320th Street, a victim reported setting her purse down at church to help outside for a few hours and returning to find her wallet, credit cards and identification stolen.
• Assault: At 1:27 a.m. March 7 in the 33100 block of 1st Place Southwest, a suspect assaulted a victim and choked her.
• Disorderly customer: At 10:01 p.m. March 8 at 32925 1st Ave. S., police responded to a situation where a disorderly and belligerent man refused to leave a store. The suspect was arrested on a DUI warrant. He cursed at police and tried to stomp on an officer’s foot when arrested.