- About Us
Witnesses spot television thieves | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Home burglary attempt: At 12:13 a.m. Feb. 28 in the 32200 block of 40th Place Southwest, witnesses saw two suspicious males emerge from a neighbor’s house with a television. The incident was reported. An investigation revealed the suspects were in the process of burglarizing the home.
• Commercial theft: At 11:54 a.m. Feb. 27 at 32030 23rd Ave. S., it was reported that someone broke into a physical therapy clinic and stole two laptops.
• Drowsy driver: At 2:45 a.m. Feb. 27 in the 27200 block of Pacific Highway South, police witnessed a suspect sleeping behind the wheel of a vehicle. The vehicle was in drive and was running. The suspect’s foot was on the brake. The suspect was arrested for driving with a suspended license. The person told police he was tired from working a night shift. No signs of alcohol intoxication were found.
• Caught red-handed: At 9:27 p.m. Feb. 28 at 35205 16th Avenue South, police were dispatched to a commercial alarm. Video surveillance showed a person on the business’s roof. Officers accessed the roof and located the suspect, who was in possession of items stolen from inside the building.
• Mail tampering and fraud: At 4:54 p.m. Feb. 28 in the 600 block of Southwest 293rd Street, it was reported that someone forced open a locked mailbox and obtained bank information. Numerous fraudulent checks were then issued with the information.
• Unpleasant visit: At 3:25 p.m. Feb. 28 at The Commons Mall, a couple visiting from Norway were the victims of a vehicle prowl. The couple discovered their borrowed vehicle, parked in the mall’s parking lot, with a broken window. A GPS device was stolen.
• Juvenile in possession: At 9:12 a.m. Feb. 28 at 1101 S. Dash Point Road, a Sacajawea Middle School student was arrested for possession of marijuana.
• Copper wire theft: At 8:53 a.m. Feb. 28 at 35100 Enchanted Parkway S., a complainant arrived on the scene to find copper wire stolen. The wire spanned from a building to a generator. Similar thefts have happened three times in the past. Four drain covers were also reported stolen during the incident.
• Counterfeit: At 7:49 p.m. March 1 at 2001 S. Commons, a suspect used a counterfeit $50 bill to pay for movie tickets at Century Theaters.