Alleged pot smoker gets the taser | Federal Way crime blotter
March 7, 2011 · 5:06 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Tased: At 5:56 p.m. Feb. 27 at 1901 S. Commons, police witnessed a suspect smoking marijuana. The suspect fled and ingested the joint after seeing police. Police pursued the suspect and tased and pepper-sprayed the person. The suspect was booked for possession of marijuana.
• Erratic behavior: At 11:39 p.m. Feb. 26 in the 2100 block of Southwest 322nd Street, a subject reported someone threw a rock through his window. When police arrived, they found no broken window. The subject was acting odd and showed signs of drug use.
• Domestic violence: At 8:59 p.m. Feb. 26 in the 900 block of Southwest Campus Drive, a suspect choked his wife.
• Band of criminals: At 7:31 p.m. Feb. 26 at 1901 S. Commons, police responded to a suspect who stole $107 worth of merchandise from Macy’s. They found the suspect’s companion had an active felony Department of Corrections warrant. Another companion was in possession of stolen property and possessed shaved keys. The three suspects were arrested and trespassed from the mall.
• Theft and stabbing: At 7:25 p.m. Feb. 26 at 160 S.W. Campus Drive, a suspect stole $11.03 worth of merchandise from Winco. A loss prevention officer contacted the suspect and the suspect stabbed the officer with his keys. The suspect then attempted to pull a knife on a second victim.
• Assault: At 3:51 p.m. Feb. 26 on South 341st Place, a suspect punched a victim in the face and kicked her in front of a minor.
• More domestic violence: At 11:33 p.m. Feb. 26 in the 1900 block of Southwest 309th Place, a woman reported her boyfriend, during an argument, punched her in the ear and upper body several times in front of children.
• Vehicle prowl: At 11:24 a.m. Feb. 26 in the 31500 block of 1st Avenue South, a victim’s vehicle was prowled while she was walking her dog. The suspect broke the vehicle’s sun roof and stole the victim’s purse.
• Left hungry: At 10:06 p.m. Feb. 27 at 29314 Pacific Highway S., a pizza was ordered. The victim paid $38 for the pizza and was told it would be delivered in one hour. After an hour, the pizza had not arrived and the victim phoned the business. The victim was told delivery would be another hour. After the second hour passed, the victim called the business back. It was closed. The victim did not receive the pizza.