- About Us
Vehicle fire was likely an arson | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Vehicle fire: At 11:48 p.m. Feb. 22 in the 27900 block of Pacific Highway South, police were called to the scene of a vehicle fire. South King Fire and Rescue personnel believed the fire was an arson.
• Stolen jewelry: At 11:26 a.m. Feb. 21 in the 2800 block of Southwest 342nd Street, a victim reported three watches and a ring stolen from his bedroom. The victim believed his son’s friends stole the items, which were worth $950.
• Attempted theft: At 1:50 p.m. Feb. 21 at 1715 S. 352nd St., a suspect attempted to steal two water heaters and a wine cooler from Home Depot.
• DUI: At 3:54 p.m. Feb. 22 in the 32300 block of Pacific Highway South, police were called to the scene of a DUI accident.
• Vehicle prowl: At 12:37 a.m. Feb. 22 at 34503 9th Ave. S., an unknown person broke into a vehicle parked at St. Francis Hospital and stole an iPad.
• Rape: At 8:03 a.m. Feb. 22 at 29815 Pacific Highway S., a victim reported she was raped at a Federal Way motel. The suspect showed up at the crime scene while police were there and was arrested.
• Commercial burglary: At 10:13 p.m. Feb. 23 at 34815 Pacific Highway S., a suspect gained access to a business through the ceiling and proceeded to commit a burglary.
• Mall theft: At 6:22 p.m. Feb. 23 at 1701 S. Commons, a suspect attempted to steal a pair of $125 shoes from Sears. The suspect tried to flee but was arrested.
• Swiped mail: At 12:27 p.m. Feb. 24 in the 3600 block of South 334th Street, a victim witnessed a suspect steal a package from the victim’s mailbox.