- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Nigerian exchange student is dumped | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Locked out: At 6:34 p.m. Jan. 22 in the 2700 block of Southwest 341st Street, a Nigerian exchange student who recently began renting a room in a home came back to the residence to find his belongings in the driveway, the homeowner gone and the door locks changed. The student does not know anyone in the country and was given a voucher for shelter.
• Kaboom: At 9:06 p.m. Jan. 22 in the 1300 block of Southwest 328th Court, a victim reported an unknown person blew up his mailbox with fireworks.
• Fight: At 11:26 p.m. Jan. 22 in the 32000 block of 11th Place South, a suspect threw a victim to the ground and punched her in the face repeatedly during a fight about a pair of shoes.
• Missing man found: At 7:20 a.m. Jan. 22 at 31009 Pacific Highway South, a missing man was located in a grocery store parking lot. He was coherent and uninjured. He told police he’d been in various South King County locations during the two weeks he’d been reported missing.
• Wrong-way driver: At 2:39 a.m. Jan. 22 at Dash Point Road and Pacific Highway South, a driver was seen traveling eastbound in the westbound lane of traffic. The suspect was stopped. Her blood alcohol content was .249.
• Pool stick scuttle: At 10:51 p.m. Jan. 23 at 32925 1st Ave. S., a fight took place. A victim was struck with a pool stick. He suffered a 4 inch laceration to the top of his head but refused to provide police with a statement or press charges.
• Trespass: At 6:30 p.m. Jan. 23 at 1928 S. Commons, a suspect was permanently trespassed from the mall for being intoxicated on the premises and for offering to buy cigarettes for two juveniles. The suspect was arrested on a warrant for urinating in public.
• Stolen license plate: At 3:49 p.m. Jan. 23 in the 2100 block of Southwest 356th Street, a victim reported his or her vehicle’s license plate was stolen.
• Assault: At 4:10 p.m. Jan. 23 in the 100 block of South 339 Circle, two brothers argued. One stabbed the other in the neck with a piece of broken glass.