- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Counterfeiters strike at Wal-Mart | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Counterfeit: At 6:09 p.m. Jan. 15 at 34520 16th Ave. S., Wal-Mart personnel turned over six counterfeit $50 bills and two counterfeit $100 bills to police. The money was collected from customers attempting to pass it as real currency.
• Prescription fraud: At 4:41 p.m. Jan. 16 at 34520 16th Ave. S., a suspect was arrested for prescription fraud. The suspect was trying to obtain 120, 30 milligram oxycodone pills.
• Warrant: At 9:28 p.m. Jan. 17 in the 28300 block of Pacific Highway South, a suspect was stopped for a traffic violation. She had a valid warrant from the U.S. Marshal's Office.
• Abandoned vehicle: At 7:45 a.m. Jan. 17 in the 32200 block of 8th Avenue Southwest, police responded to an abandoned vehicle complaint. A truck was found parked on the sidewalk. It was towed.
• Juvenile arrest: At 7:29 p.m. Jan. 18 in the 1200 block of South 320th Street, a juvenile was arrested for theft and minor in possession after stealing beer from Safeway.
• Theft: At 6:26 p.m. Jan. 18 at 1701 S. Commons, a suspect stole $650 worth of tools from Sears. The suspect ignored a stop sign while fleeing from police.
• Unwanted subject: At 8:03 a.m. Jan. 18 at 31515 20th Ave. S., an unwanted subject was reported. A male was found sleeping in a grocery store's bathroom with a half empty bottle of wine next to him.
• Purse snatching: At 5:08 p.m. Jan. 18 at 1211 S. 320th St., an unknown suspect stole a woman's purse from a shopping cart in the Big Lots parking lot.
• False identification: At 9:30 p.m. Jan. 20 in the 200 block of Southwest 319th Lane, it was reported that during an argument, a man falsely identified himself as a police officer.
• Molestation: At 9:20 a.m. Jan. 20 in the 1700 block of South 324th Street, police received a report from a victim in California who reported she was fondled by her father between the ages of 3 and 7.
• Crash: At 9:45 a.m. Jan. 20 in the 28000 block of Pacific Highway South, a man crashed his motorcycle. He was transported to the hospital. No other vehicles were involved.