- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Student brings Airsoft gun to school | Federal Way crime blotter
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Weapons violation: At 11:31 a.m. Jan. 10 at 1101 S. Dash Point Road, a Sacajawea Middle School student was arrested at the school administration’s request for bringing an Airsoft pistol to school. The student was later released.
• Rock thrower: At 2:01 p.m. Jan. 10 in the 32900 block of Pacific Highway South, a witness reported she saw an unknown male throw a rock through a vehicle’s window.
• Assault: At 10:49 a.m. Jan. 11 in the 27200 block of Pacific Highway South, a person was assaulted with a stick or a bat.
• Expulsion: At 9:51 a.m. Jan. 11 at 35999 16th Ave. S., a Todd Beamer High School student was expelled from the school district after the student was found in possession of marijuana.
• Counterfeit passed at school: At 8:20 a.m. Jan. 11 at 1344 S. 308th St., it was reported that on Jan. 7, a fake $20 was accepted by kitchen staff at Sequoyah Middle School.
• Involuntary committal: At 5:44 p.m. Jan. 12 at 1928 S. Commons, police took a woman to St. Francis hospital where she was involuntarily committed because she was under the influence of opiates and unable to care for herself or 1-year-old child.
• Theft: At 1:15 p.m. Jan. 12 at 1901 S. Commons, a woman was caught stealing more than $268 worth of Macy’s merchandise while her 3-year-old daughter was present.
• Domestic violence: At 4:26 a.m. Jan. 12 in the 2400 block of South 315th Lane, a suspect strangled, pulled the hair of and punched a victim in the presence of a minor.
• Fraud: At 6:07 p.m. Jan. 13 in the 36000 block of 9th Court Southwest, it was reported that a suspect fraudulently accessed a victim’s credit card and savings accounts and withdrew $9,000.
• Commercial theft: At 3:34 p.m. Jan. 13 in the 1700 block of Highway 18, it was reported that several items were stolen from a Mowat Construction site.
• Copper wire theft: At 2:03 p.m. Jan. 13 in the 33000 block of Military Road South, city staff reported the theft of 90 feet of copper wire from a roadside transformer.