Human bones found on trail? | Federal Way crime blotter
January 14, 2011 · Updated 7:21 PM
Following is a sample from the Federal Way police log:
• Found bones: At 10:12 a.m. Jan. 8 in the 1200 block of Southwest 333rd Street, a person walking along a trail found a bone measuring 3 inches by 4 inches. The person believed, due to her profession, the bone was human. Police responded and found a second slightly smaller bone near a fence close by.
• Knife: At 7:05 p.m. Jan. 7 at 1928 S. Commons, a suspect was found carrying a large knife in the mall. The suspect was trespassed for violating the mall’s weapons policy.
• Underage sexual relations: At 12:38 p.m. Jan. 7 at 30611 16th Ave. S., while investigating a complaint at Federal Way High School, two complainants told police a female complained that a male raped her three months prior. When police interviewed the juvenile, she admitted the sex was consensual and she had engaged in relations with the male four times since June 2010. Both juveniles were 14 at the time.
• Stolen tools: At 8:06 a.m. Jan. 7 in the 1000 block of Southwest 317th Court, a victim reported $3,000 worth of tools were stolen from a work vehicle.
• Air gun assault: At 10:21 p.m. Jan. 8 in the 33600 block of 10th Avenue Southwest, a victim reported he was shot with an air gun while walking along Southwest Campus Drive.
• Assault: At 9:40 p.m. Jan. 8 in the 1400 block of South 312th Street, a suspect in a dating relationship with a victim dragged the victim by her wrist and hair across a parking lot when she refused to leave with him.
• Passed out: At 11:40 a.m. Jan. 8 in the 1900 block of South 314th Street, a subject was found passed out in the men’s bathroom on the toilet. The subject had been trespassed from the establishment in the past.
• Burglary: At 3:09 a.m. Jan. 9 in the 1900 block of Southwest Campus Drive, a victim reported a home burglary.
• Rape: At 2:02 p.m. Jan. 9 in the 31500 block of 1st Avenue South, a rape was reported.
• Chamber of Commerce theft: At 11:00 p.m. Jan. 9 at 31919 1st Ave. S., police were dispatched to the Federal Way Chamber of Commerce building where security located damaged candy and soda machines. Glass on the candy machine was shattered and all the items within were missing. The soda machine had scratches and pry marks.
• DUI: At 2:37 a.m. Jan. 9 in the 100 block of South 320th Street, a witness reported a vehicle swerving and driving in oncoming traffic. Police contacted the driver and a DUI arrest was made.